IRO 4" kit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > IRO 4" kit?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
indeepwithajeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

IRO 4" kit?

Anyone have this setup? I can't find any pictures of the 4" setup on jeep, or any opinions online.

indeepwithajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indeepwithajeep
Anyone have this setup? I can't find any pictures of the 4" setup on jeep, or any opinions online.
It looks like any other XJ with a 4" lift...
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
indeepwithajeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
It looks like any other XJ with a 4" lift...
Well some run higher than others. I was planning on the RE 4.5" lift, but it's more 5.5". RE's 3.5", the rear sits higher and I want to run shackle relocation brackets and have correct shackle angles.

Anyways I'm wanting 3.5-4" for a lower center of gravity build. I'm just wondering if their spring rates are legit, if their leaf packs are good (used to use RC, but I see they have their own now), and it actually is 4" as advertised.
Unread 05-29-2014, 10:17 PM   #4
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

My re springs (3.5") settled to 4" front and 4.5" rear . Btw the tires are 35's
image-1887853536.jpg

Unread 05-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
Jds12
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've had the iro 4" kit on for about 20k miles. Haven't had any issues, It lifted even all the way around. Definitely make sure you get their leafs. I read the rough country one are too short, give a bad shackle angle and bad ride.

Also, I had to remove one bolt from each side of the bumper mount. The extended shackle was bottoming out on it. I can get you measurments and pictures if you want.
Jds12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #6
indeepwithajeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jds12 View Post
I've had the iro 4" kit on for about 20k miles. Haven't had any issues, It lifted even all the way around. Definitely make sure you get their leafs. I read the rough country one are too short, give a bad shackle angle and bad ride.

Also, I had to remove one bolt from each side of the bumper mount. The extended shackle was bottoming out on it. I can get you measurments and pictures if you want.
Yeah pictures would be awesome. I can't seem to find pictures of their 4" online, only RC's 4.5". I'm planning on the full leaf pack (I hope it's not RC's). Instead of using shackles. I would probably just get the shackle relocation brackets and run stock ones.

My other plan is get the Zone 3", then buy RE 3.5" coils and do the shackle relocation brackets for 4". I'm just not sure how I feel about IRO using so many other random parts on their lifts. Such as known crappy rough country rear leafs.
Unread 06-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
Jds12
1999 XJ Cherokee 

These are the ones that come with the kit if you opt for full leaf packs, not rough country http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=XSP

Here's a few pics I already had on my computer. This is the short arm, full leaf 4" kit on 31x10.50 15.

This is the day after I lifted it. I think the back was 1/4-1/2" higher than the front, but it settled even pretty quick.

let me know if you want a pic of the shackle angle or anything else.
Jds12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #8
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Go through Kolak if you decide to get it. He'll put a nice kit together for you and he's a nice guy.
BCrawford64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 01:34 PM   #9
indeepwithajeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCrawford64 View Post
Go through Kolak if you decide to get it. He'll put a nice kit together for you and he's a nice guy.
I sent him a message on here. Is he a rep for IRO or a resaler for IRO? Is there a better medium I should contact him through?
Unread 06-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #10
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indeepwithajeep View Post
I sent him a message on here. Is he a rep for IRO or a resaler for IRO? Is there a better medium I should contact him through?
Retailer I believe. Kolak@aol.com
BCrawford64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.