interior - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > interior

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Rosati21
1994 XJ Cherokee 

interior

i am going to camo out the entire inside of my xj so as soon as i get it done i will post pics but ive hit a road block on the carpet because i ripped mine out when i got it because it was just sitting in a field and had a massive water leak and the carpet was all molded so i just trashed it now i really wish i would have cleaned it so how do i keep the heat from the trans from burning my feet and legs? and what about spraying bed liner on the inside?

Rosati21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Lay down some rugs or towels maybe? Are you not wearing jeans or boots??
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
Rosati21
1994 XJ Cherokee 

no I wear pants and boots really like I wouldn't wear boots and pants jeez but anyways there is no carpet or padding on the floor boards so the heat is really bad from the trans I was wondering really if anybody has rhino lined the inside of there xj or if there is a place online I can get replacement carpet.
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Tons of people have bedlined the inside, doesn't do much for the heat, but worth doing for the rust protection and it makes it easier to clean the floors.

Team Cherokee sells replacement carpetting.

I'm really sensitive to heat, can't stand the summer, but even I don't think the trans or floor gets that hot.
Unread 02-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
sigmarus

carpetting, or floormats maybe. rubber floormats would be cleaner and might help with the heat.
sigmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
A_Ninja_Racer

Lizard Skin Sells a spray on Ceramic Coating that is supposed to deaden sound and insulate from heat.
A_Ninja_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I coated my floor with 5 coats of chassis saver then bedlined with left over u pol raptor liner. Iv head some people say road noise and heat are issues but honestly I wear shorts year round and have yet to feel my floor getting remotely warm.
Noise did pick up a little, but I picked up some new speakers (polk db651s) and now really I don't notice much of a difference. (I removed all sound deading material, some people paint over it....)

Honestly though, don't worry about noise or heat. Be scared of what you may (or may not) find under the carpet, especially if the carpet was water logged for awhile.
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I bed lined mine after patching some rust, I also wear shorts year round and It has never bothered me. I often get allot of water in my jeep from creeks and crossings so it makes cleaning easy.
image-232989844.jpg   image-1238374873.jpg  
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
jeepster383

Anybody lay down dynomat and rhino line over it?
jeepster383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
A_Ninja_Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster383 View Post
Anybody lay down dynomat and rhino line over it?
Something about that screams Fail. In fact I would bet that would be a Fail you could never come back from.
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Something about that screams Fail. In fact I would bet that would be a Fail you could never come back from.
You can do it, bedliner sticks to itself. There's not much you can't bedline, hell I've seen the Line X rep on here advocating bedlining carpet.
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
A_Ninja_Racer

Yes but if you don't like the results you can still remove the Carpet and start all over again. Dynamat has a bit of a cushion to it. So I've heard that once you apply Dynamat to what ever surface you are sticking to that you never want to have to take it off. so what happens when you put down the dynamat and then bedline over it with your Favorite Spray in or roll on bedliner and because the Dynamat keeps giving underneath of the bedliner it starts to crack and then as the cracks get worse with more wear and tear it starts to rip the metallic backing off of the Dynamat leaving you with exposed Tary subsatance that sticks to your shoes and gets Dirt stuck all over it that you will never be able to clean.

I'm not saying this is what will happen if you do it I'm saying this is what will happen if I do it because that's just my luck. lol
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Yes but if you don't like the results you can still remove the Carpet and start all over again. Dynamat has a bit of a cushion to it. So I've heard that once you apply Dynamat to what ever surface you are sticking to that you never want to have to take it off. so what happens when you put down the dynamat and then bedline over it with your Favorite Spray in or roll on bedliner and because the Dynamat keeps giving underneath of the bedliner it starts to crack and then as the cracks get worse with more wear and tear it starts to rip the metallic backing off of the Dynamat leaving you with exposed Tary subsatance that sticks to your shoes and gets Dirt stuck all over it that you will never be able to clean.

I'm not saying this is what will happen if you do it I'm saying this is what will happen if I do it because that's just my luck. lol
Use a quality bedliner and it's not an issue. It gives and bends. Order some free Monstaliner samples and you'll be surprised how easily and how much it can bend and it's pretty much impossible to tear.
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #14
Rosati21
1994 XJ Cherokee 

well guys about the heat issue I live in texas and during the summers it takes every bit of my cooling system to keep it from over heating so when itto bed lines 110 out side everything gets hot but every other jeep ive driven doesn't burn the hair off my legs. I like the bed liner idea I just need to strip the interior and clean everything up and take it to the bed liner shop here and see how much it is going to cost me to bed line it
Unread 03-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #15
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

There's actually some sound deading under the driver side and passages side, its like a gray gum/tar. And its a *****! To remove. Trust me I removed it all but it was hard as hell.
Mine both had rust under them and it seems way to flexible to coat over it with any kind of paint.
Go coat some silly puddy in monstaliner and see if that works, then decide if you want to bedline over it.
I'm sorry but monstaliners a great product, and it may even be more flexible then most bedliners but i doubt it will last long on that stuff.

The sound deading stuff in the cargo area may be able to be painted over, since its harder, but I removed that also.
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.