Infinity Basslink install locations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Infinity Basslink install locations?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
Notsewfast
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Infinity Basslink install locations?

Has anybody installed the Infinity Basslink in their XJ? I'd like to conserve as much cargo space as possible and was wondering where other XJ owners had put these things.

Thanks!

Notsewfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've been looking to install on too. I've thought about bolting it to the back of the rear seat, center about 1in from the top of the seat so when the seat is folded down the basslink is right behind the center console and it wont be in the middle of the cargo area when the seat is down.

i was also planning on making a simple grate to protect it out of some 3/8in aluminum or stainless steel round rod
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I was looking at one of these when I first got the XJ. I had the same questions, and never really came up with a good solution. I opted for a WAY bigger box and amp combo for less $ but it kills my storage space.

Pounds pretty hard though!

I would move it over towards the rear cubby and make a mount of some sort to get it out of the way?

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

which basslink, the T or the II?
Unread 10-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
Notsewfast
2000 XJ Cherokee 

That was my thought, maybe building a custom bracket to hold it out of the way. I see it mentioned around here enough that I figured somebody had come up with a good solution for it.
Unread 10-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
Notsewfast
2000 XJ Cherokee 

"which basslink, the T or the II?"

----

The normal, one-speakered Basslink. The square one is about 3/4 the size of a normal sub box & amp.
Unread 10-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've thought about mounting it to the roof like the rest of my speakers are now since the door-less mod, the headliner board is to weak to hold it up but there are the roof supports that could be drilled into for support, but having in in my line of sight out the rear view mirror would be annoying, so i would put it off to the side, like between the c-pillar and the spare tire on the drivers side. I don't know how it would sound mounted like that though, I'd assume bad.

You could also cut the cubby hole out to fit it in, but IIRC there is another speaker cone on the back side of the unit as well as the main driver on the front, but if you cut the hole large enough to allow for the extra room and then nicely fiber-glassed the cut out it would be good, there's a good bit of room behind the cubby hole.

The Basslink 2's have been discontinued but some places still have unsold units.
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #8
Notsewfast
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post
I've thought about mounting it to the roof like the rest of my speakers are now since the door-less mod, the headliner board is to weak to hold it up but there are the roof supports that could be drilled into for support, but having in in my line of sight out the rear view mirror would be annoying, so i would put it off to the side, like between the c-pillar and the spare tire on the drivers side. I don't know how it would sound mounted like that though, I'd assume bad.

You could also cut the cubby hole out to fit it in, but IIRC there is another speaker cone on the back side of the unit as well as the main driver on the front, but if you cut the hole large enough to allow for the extra room and then nicely fiber-glassed the cut out it would be good, there's a good bit of room behind the cubby hole.

The Basslink 2's have been discontinued but some places still have unsold units.
Mounting it from the ceiling would be odd, it's big enough that I can't imagine you'd have much rear visibility at all.

I think the Basslink will fit between the wheel well and the rear hatch with a little bracket fabrication. I'm looking to do a really clean install. I will be sure to document what i end up doing and post it up here for anybody who is interested.
Unread 10-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #9
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Got my basslink mounted, decided to mount it to the back of the rear seat.

Its not usually that messy back there, but it fit nicely with the junk i normally carry around, and when the seat is folded down the basslink is right behind the center console.

Also the black wire you see coming from it is for the remote gain control, I'm not sure if I'm going to mount it or not yet so its just plugged in and strung up to the front.

Tags
infinity , speakers , subwoofer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.