I'm new here. Sort of... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > I'm new here. Sort of...

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 10-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
mcbeth059
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I'm new here. Sort of...

Hey guys/girls

A couple of years ago I purchased my first ever vehicle at 16 years old.
A 1990 XJ Limited was what my dad and I dragged home. $500 and I thought it was a steal.

Here is it with my first ever truck.

The previous owner had pop rivet'd the floors with something like 22 gauge sheet metal. It would not pass safety. Because of that, I let it sit for two years and sold it for $300 to a scrapper.

Well now I'm back. I picked this 1997 XJ Sport up last week. It needs some work, but for $1400 I think I did alright.

It needs brakes, which I'm working on this week. The pedal goes straight to the floor, but it doesn't seem to be leaking from anywhere... . And a little of body repair to stop the cancer from spreading.

The only thing I'm really worried about is that the previous owner had a shop replace the motor with a 2004 4L out of a TJ. Only time will tell.

mcbeth059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

When it comes to jeeps you shouldn't really mix breeds,its bad for em so I would rip out that tj motor. Ok really welcome to the forum,I really see no problems with the motor swap as for the brakes check and see if the master is leaking into the brake booster it may not be visible till you loosen the master cylinder from the booster.
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Muddy97Cherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

TJ motor would be a big problem in my mind. Major difference between the 2 blocks. Looks like a good start none the less.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.