JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   Im new (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/im-new-1509479/)

darrennash 04-15-2013 03:07 AM

Im new

Hello everyone in the Jeep world, I am looking to lift my 2001 XJ and I have no clue about lifting, I wanted to go 4.5 inches and throw on some 32's or maybe even 33's if they would fit. I was wondering if anyone out there could help me find something nice but nothing that will break the bank because im a college student who scoops ice cream for a living haha

tim111762 04-15-2013 07:57 AM

There are 1000 threads about this. Use the search feature and you should be able to find everything you need.

NJXJ91 04-15-2013 09:16 PM

Hey man. Lifting and everything related to it is expensive. All of your questions have been asked before and previously said, search and you'll find plenty of replies.

Wheres Allentown at?

chris87xj 04-16-2013 12:39 AM

Welcome to JeepForum.
I'm gonna recommend you step over to the build thread of member Spokes and introduce yourself since you guys are in the same state and have similar model XJ's. Spokes Better And Redder build thread He's is a good guy who's been around XJs for a while now.
Good luck with your build.

Project1 04-16-2013 01:24 AM

Honestly .. looking back on my XJ build .. If I started a new xj .. I would not lift it first. I would build the engine and change all the sensors ... then work on the interior

VegasGT 04-16-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project1 (Post 15302529)
Honestly .. looking back on my XJ build .. If I started a new xj .. I would not lift it first. I would build the engine and change all the sensors ... then work on the interior

X2. I jumped the gun on my latest XJ and went straight to lift and tires, etc. I would recommend really going through the details and get everything squared away with supporting mods and maintenance. Best way to get you started and learn is to set aside plenty of time and do a lot of reading to see what you might be getting into.

At the same time dont take it all to heart. You dont have to have a setup that is perfect in the eyes of the almighty JeepForum to get out and have fun. Some of the best times Ive had wheeling was with my very first XJ that had a thrown together budget boost and 235 A/T's.

Project1 04-17-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasGT (Post 15302931)
X2. I jumped the gun on my latest XJ and went straight to lift and tires, etc. I would recommend really going through the details and get everything squared away with supporting mods and maintenance. Best way to get you started and learn is to set aside plenty of time and do a lot of reading to see what you might be getting into.

At the same time dont take it all to heart. You dont have to have a setup that is perfect in the eyes of the almighty JeepForum to get out and have fun. Some of the best times Ive had wheeling was with my very first XJ that had a thrown together budget boost and 235 A/T's.

So true man .. stock XJs are a blast ...

I think the best thing is to really decided what you want to do with your jeep over the next 3-5 years and plan for the most efficient build.

for me I really love a jeep that runs well .. I HATE when my jeep is down or just doesn't run right, so If I had to start again .. 100% of my efforts would go to that first.

Ratrod 04-17-2013 09:46 AM

What are you using the Jeep for? And why 4.5 inches? Old Man Emu would probably be the way to go with the lift and it wil lcost but from all that I have read here it is the best. If it is a daily driver I would just go with 235/75/15 tires and some good heavy duty Bilstein shocks. Off roading? expect to put out at least $3-4000 for the lift and doing it right.

darrennash 04-17-2013 10:49 AM

Thanks for all the feed back! I've decided to start saving do I could buy everything I needed all at once. Also I'm not going off roading in anything too deep just some local holes mainly the lift I'd forappearence but as well as some mud. Allentown is located right near Hamilton nj or freehold of you will

The time now is 02:29 AM.