im lookin for a lift but dont have much cash - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > im lookin for a lift but dont have much cash

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-03-2008, 01:53 AM   #1
olson87
1999 XJ Cherokee 

im lookin for a lift but dont have much cash

im lookin for about a 3 in lift but i dont want to spend a ton of cash on it! i keep looking at the pro comp 3 in for 214. or the rough country for about 255. and then there is the rough country 4.5 lift that is 499. how much is a reasonable price for a lift, keep in mind i only want a three inch lift so i can get a little better clearance when im out in the woods getting to a good fishinn spot or retrieving something i have shot.

olson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
eaglejeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

may be different for the xj, but i put a 4" rough country on my tj last yea, and it went on super easy, and has been great. granted it isn't anything crazy, but it gives me the clearance i need to get through water and mud when camping etc. i'd say either of the RC's are good lifts for the $.
good luck!
eaglejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

stop.

save money.

buy better lift kit later.

/thread.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
justinwalden

plus you gotta think about the 83 kagillion problems you are going to have when you lift. save thy money
Unread 07-03-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
PH0T0
1987 XJ Cherokee 

The RC kit is probably good for you for the money. The problem with a lift over 3" is you'll run into problems with needing a SYE and new drive shaft. Add another $200 to you budget at least. Like the others said, save for something you want. Don't settle for what you can afford RIGHT NOW.
PH0T0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
Cruzin Illusion
Round Eyed XJ

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH0T0 View Post
The RC kit is probably good for you for the money. The problem with a lift over 3" is you'll run into problems with needing a SYE and new drive shaft. Add another $200 to you budget at least. Like the others said, save for something you want. Don't settle for what you can afford RIGHT NOW.
You definately get what you pay for when buying a lift. RC and Pro Comp are lifts I believe you will regret and eventually change to something better. Save your money and get a good lift that you will not regret. I have seen numerous people run 4.5" of lift without a SYE and had no problems. Most lifts of that height will come with a transfercase drop kit that will work until you can afford the SYE kit.

View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:
View Cruzin Illusion's Rig
(OlllllllllllllO)
Rock Frog

CIC's Build Threads:
XJ Bolt on Tube Fenders / XJ-8 Grille (Round Headlight Grille) / THOR 4x4 Quarter Guard Install / XJ Custom Bumper with Swing Down TIre Carrier / Custom Width HP44 Build and Tech /Cruzin Illusions XJ Roll Cage Pics / Cruzin Illusion Tube Door Build
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
JeffW
2007 XK Commander 

Search online sale forums and piece together some parts. I just picked up a 3" skyjacker lift for $150 shocks and all. Not a good lift but it will get me started until I get what I want. I can pose in the parking lots now.
JeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 04:49 AM   #8
olson87
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i only want a 3 inch lift, not a 4, not more... thats it... im rely considering the RC lift. if you guys have had allot of problems with this perticular lift kit than let me know, i dont know that much about working on rigs, but im tryin my best. keep em coming!
olson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 07:15 AM   #9
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have had the Rough Country 3 inch lift with AAL for almost a year now and I have had zero problems with it.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #10
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

Go with a Rubicon Express BB. I got about 2.5", and I got away with just installing a homemade transfer case drop, instead of a SYE. I haven't looked back. It's a reputable company, comes with shocks, and if you get the full-length AAL, you should be in good shape. Buy from Jason, and it ships for free. Also, I think there is a discount code for JF members, but I don't know if it has changed since I got my stuff.

http://jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/...?idproduct=112

http://jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/...?idproduct=112
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.