I'm done. Selling all my Jeep stuff. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > I'm done. Selling all my Jeep stuff.

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 06-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #16
donthelegend
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Look like you did it right the first time, at least the next owner won't be fixing a hack job. Good luck with your future projects

donthelegend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #17
ironman2427
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I started a long time ago with my old CJ-7 Renegade and walked away in favor of a fast car after doing a ton of work to it. Almost 10 years ago, I had a project 89 Cherokee 2 door that I originally got with the interior in boxes, no exhaust on it, etc. After installing the interior (which I ended up popping for new carpet, sport seats, etc), lifting, and other things, I walked away when the rear end started to howl. The fever returned after I recently bought my wife a 2000 Cherokee Sport which is awesome. I now own a 1997 Cherokee Sport of my own that the former owner "budget lifted" to about 6.5-7" leaving out details like still having the stock track bar in it, the stock pitman arm, and cutting off the sway bar mounts at the front axle (lol). It completely sucks to jump into someone else's mistakes. At the same time, it's great to see the progress and see the contrast of before and after while I continue to make it into the Jeep it was meant to be. I'm new to this forum but I'm no stranger to forums. I wish you well. Alot of us will still be here if you decide to return to Jeeping again. If you decide not to, I hope you find something that works best for you.
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #18
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I've said this with every vehicle I've owned. I know I've put at least $25k in mods towards 2 mustangs, and integra and my XJ. But damnit if I didn't have a ton of fun in all of them and made a lot of awesome friends. My parents always told me how much money I was wasting, but I'd say it's an investment in life.

Now I have a nice, new, but stock WRX that I'm trying not to mod, and its a great daily driver, but its not very fun lol.
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #19
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
You'll be back, I said I'm done with this hobby 3 times. But Jeeping is a lifestyle I can not avoid I came back every time after being out of the scene for 6 months or so !

Cliff notes for the lazy : Jeeps are like Herpes they Jeep coming back !
This^

It becomes etched onto your lifestyle. Like Hotel California, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #20
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

This^

It becomes etched onto your lifestyle. Like Hotel California, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
Lawl, I could never get out. It's a sick addiction.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.