Identify MJ wheel / tire size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Identify MJ wheel / tire size

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 01-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #1
ZJs4Days
1996 ZJ 

Mj Identify MJ wheel / tire size

Hi all, I'm not a forum veteran here so if I step on any toes, be sure to let me know!

My dad used to drive an old MJ Comanche for years. It was a 1987 or 1988 red comanche pioneer 4x4. I think it had a 4.0 with a 5 speed if memory serves me. Very cool little truck. Anyways, I ran across an old picture of it from the late 90's and noticed that it appeared to have aftermarket wheels and tires on it. I'm pretty positive that it's stock ride height and unmodified in any other way. It's a blurry picture so bear with me but I was wondering if you all had any good guesses to the approximate wheel and tire size on his truck, I'm not good at eyeballing stuff like that but I think it had a good look to it, and I want to get an XJ before too long and set it up about the same way.

ZJs4Days is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2016, 04:00 PM   #2
Motorcharge
Bandeded

1991 MJ Comanche 

Almost impossible to say from the pic, but looks like the old stock steel rims to me. Last one on the page.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...opedia-320730/

As for the tire size, they look stock or close to it as well. You can run 235s on a stock XJ no problem and they're a little bigger than the stock options. Most people say they're what should have been the stock size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2016, 05:56 PM   #3
ZJs4Days
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Almost impossible to say from the pic, but looks like the old stock steel rims to me. Last one on the page.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...opedia-320730/

As for the tire size, they look stock or close to it as well. You can run 235s on a stock XJ no problem and they're a little bigger than the stock options. Most people say they're what should have been the stock size.

I don't think they're stock wheels, they appear to be deep dish wheels which i don't think came on jeeps of that vintage and it's hard to tell in the pic but i think the wheels extend past the fenders slightly. As for the tires, I appreciate the input, they look like they fit like a glove but they definitely look bigger than the tires that come on these trucks from the factory.
ZJs4Days is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.