ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build - Page 94 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #1396
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1

I though they were just cool?
Totally rad

crockett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #1397
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would like to see a jeep with mostly stock components and trac bar up from like Colton's case, meaning not a whole lot of custom work up there. Knuckles, trac bar, custom steering, and DS in a XJ. You can't just get 18 inch CO's and not expect to spend a **** load more money and custom fab work. They don't just "go" in. And certainly not an 18 CO to be run using the travel that is given with it.

Colton can get progressive Savvy coils and custom tuned shocks... Probably a 12-14 rage of travel on his setup he is running now and be happy as hell. It's much easy said then done buying and setting up CO's cheaply.

Colton you know this already, LOL
Unread 05-31-2013, 05:40 PM   #1398
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I would like to see a jeep with mostly stock components and trac bar up from like Colton's case, meaning not a whole lot of custom work up there. Knuckles, trac bar, custom steering, and DS in a XJ. You can't just get 18 inch CO's and not expect to spend a **** load more money and custom fab work. They don't just "go" in. And certainly not an 18 CO to be run using the travel that is given with it.

Colton can get progressive Savvy coils and custom tuned shocks... Probably a 12-14 rage of travel on his setup he is running now and be happy as hell. It's much easy said then done buying and setting up CO's cheaply.

It's really not that difficult. Hoops through the hood.

Now I'm not saying he needs them though.

And he would have a hard time packaging a 14" travel shock with that low of lift using stock mounting points. And even a progressive coil will unseat wayyyy before the shock maxes out.
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #1399
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well that proves my point... 18 inch would be too much. I'm not sure who even said it, but I'm just saying. I know about stock mounts and such, that's why I said it would be more money and custom work....
Unread 06-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #1400
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09

Exactly. And packaging a damn 12 in the front of an XJ is hard enough unless I run some in ungodly tall lift height. Of course, unless I run my uppers higher.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #1401
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Exactly. And packaging a damn 12 in the front of an XJ is hard enough unless I run some in ungodly tall lift height. Of course, unless I run my uppers higher.
How?

Im at fit in 10 inch travel no issue with 1 inch of drop on the shock no problems

I think that If you were to go to a shock tower you could fit a 12 inch shock easy

Yes I know I am a pavement pounding *****, the track bar needs to come over a half in and that I have ABS lines with no point.
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #1402
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

I run a 12" travel shock up front but I guess my lift height is ungodly and it will roll going over a speed bump.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #1403
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
How?

Im at fit in 10 inch travel no issue with 1 inch of drop on the shock no problems

I think that If you were to go to a shock tower you could fit a 12 inch shock easy

Yes I know I am a pavement pounding *****, the track bar needs to come over a half in and that I have ABS lines with no point.
I can't run my current mounts and bumps with a 12. I COULD fit a 12, but I would have ZERO up travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
I run a 12" travel shock up front but I guess my lift height is ungodly and it will roll going over a speed bump.
Yes .!..!.
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #1404
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...

1999 XJ Cherokee 

3 link worked flawlessly today. It may have been a Jeep dealership show, but they put on a good obstacle course. I beat the absolute piss out of the Jeep today and it never skipped a beat. Had a bunch of different people ride with me and every single person complemented on how smooth it rode and flexed through the rocks. I really noticed that it doesn't roll or "kick" back when it tries to climb anymore. Instead, it just bites and goes. Only thing I don't like about it is that the lower mounts are too low, but I can't expect much more out of a "kit". I was surprised at how well it went through the Jersey barriers. I saw many bigger (and much taller) rigs struggle on them. I had to use some technique, but I got it through just fine. The cross member, frame rails, and rear bumper took a hell of a beating today. Anyways, I'm not sure why, but the vid quality sucks. But you get the idea....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eYBcLaFe4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXFBsXKrF6M

Unread 06-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #1405
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks cool, glide over those walls. If you went to far over that would suck.

When is the next open wheeling in Crozet?
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #1406
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Looks cool, glide over those walls. If you went to far over that would suck.

When is the next open wheeling in Crozet?
Too far over, as in, off the side? That damn near happen once when I got hot on the skinny pedal

Have you kept up with the issues going down at Crozet? It's been a mess, but there should be some wheeling there this month. I WILL go when it opens back up.
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #1407
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

No what's going down? The app on my phone stopped working so I haven't looked at it. What's going on?
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #1408
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
No what's going down? The app on my phone stopped working so I haven't looked at it. What's going on?
Tree huggers, well, mainly some crazy b!tch from Charlottesville is/was trying to doom them. There has been a bunch of news articles and stuff, and it came down to zoning basically. From what I've heard from a few buddies who have been in contact with Chris, things are definitely looking up, and wheeling should resume this month.
Unread 06-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #1409
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds absurd. I'll have to check into it
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #1410
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
I really noticed that it doesn't roll or "kick" back when it tries to climb anymore. Instead, it just bites and goes.
And there you go, for anyone who claims a 3 link isn't worth it.
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.