ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build - Page 64 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #946
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Deleted

crockett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #947
monkeyevil
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett07 View Post
by the way im positive i will NEVER do business with jcr again. not only did it take 3 weeks to get my back bumper here, i also payed $110 extra to have built in lights, and guess what.... no lights were in the box, there arent even holes cut in the bumper for lights. so i have to call these guys tomorrow and try to get my money back. ive never been so dissapointed with somebody in my life
First off I'm extremely sorry that you received a bumper without light cutouts. I don't have full access to your order info at home, but if you are whom I think you are (guessing by your location), I can tell you that I drop shipped lights to you two days ago, and they were delivered yesterday.

That tells me that your order was in fact marked with lights on our shipping software. So there must have been a mix up in boxing, or labeling. 100% our fault, and we will do everything we can do to make it right, and you happy.

As far as the time frame, I can't apologize for that. We don't hide that it can take 10 business days for items to leave our shop.

Once again, the mix-up was our fault, I understand it's insanely frustrating, please give us the opportunity to make it right.
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #948
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

who should i ask for when i call tomorrow
crockett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #949
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Why do you guys care so much about weight? If you bash your quarters and care about the body at all just protect it. Is it not that simple? I have hit mine a couple times and can see their benefit. If I have a tendency to hit something, I protect it as best I can. For example, my rocker replacement probably added nearly 180lbs to my jeep if not more...

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #950
monkeyevil
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett07 View Post
who should i ask for when i call tomorrow
Ask for Daryl.
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #951
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
Why do you guys care so much about weight? If you bash your quarters and care about the body at all just protect it. Is it not that simple? I have hit mine a couple times and can see their benefit. If I have a tendency to hit something, I protect it as best I can. For example, my rocker replacement probably added nearly 180lbs to my jeep if not more...
Exactly how I feel. I don't want my Jeep to be a pig, but I've bashed in the 1/4's on every Jeep I've had, and blown out a few windows because of it. I'd be running them on my ZJ but no one sells them and I've been too lazy to build any yet. It's not like we're building racecars and every pound counts.
99XJ 4.0/AW4/HP30/8.25 build coming soon...
www.undergroundjeeps.net
CTeunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #952
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Unless you're tipping the scale at 4500lbs, I wouldn't worry to much about weight
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #953
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We are planning to wheel March 23rd at Crozet. So, between now and then, I got some stuff to do. First off, I got to give it up to monkeyevil at JCR for helping me out. I bought some nut strips from them LAST summer. They didn't fit right, but I slapped them in since I had a wheeling trip to get ready for and didn't have time to send them back. Well, I told him about how they didn't fit well and how I ended up cross threading them to get me by. He sent a new set out Wednesday, free of charge, and according to tracking, should be here tomorrow. So again, BIG thanks to the guys at JCR. I will be dealing with you guys again!

As for getting stuff done before wheeling, two things need to happen. First, get the front 5100's in. Second, get the HD Engineering relocations in. And last, measure for the rear 5100's I need to order. 12 inch travel shocks should work, just need to get my ext./col. lengths. I might actually order them before the 23rd!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #954
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
I'm probably going to add sides to my bumper. I've smashed my header panel a time or 12
Yeah I landed on my front more times than I can count but if I can lessen the chances I am for it. I was almost just thinking about cutting out the turn signals and headlights and running some hellas and a little LED signal. But we will see what time and money allows.
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #955
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser

Yeah I landed on my front more times than I can count but if I can lessen the chances I am for it. I was almost just thinking about cutting out the turn signals and headlights and running some hellas and a little LED signal. But we will see what time and money allows.
Just dove nose the front and be done. Sheesh

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #956
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
Just dove nose the front and be done. Sheesh
I'd still kind of like to keep an XJ appearance .!..!.
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #957
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I was thinking that too but I wasnt to get something bigger than 36s before I do that. And as long as I got the 7 slot grill its jeepish
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #958
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Did some spontaneous snow wheeling day in GWNF. Didn't get very far

Unread 03-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #959
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Is that a Ranger in front of you? Any more pics?

I love snow wheeling, I bet you guys don't get the chance too often though. It's a good excuse to get stupid with the skinny pedal
99XJ 4.0/AW4/HP30/8.25 build coming soon...
www.undergroundjeeps.net
CTeunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #960
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTeunuch View Post
Is that a Ranger in front of you? Any more pics?

I love snow wheeling, I bet you guys don't get the chance too often though. It's a good excuse to get stupid with the skinny pedal

Actually we get a decent a amount of snow every year. The mountains are basically our backyard so there is snow there all the time. Yeah, the Ranger was on 33" Boggers and no lockers. He did good, but broke a Warn hub right there where the pic was taken. The TJ fender you see in the other pic was a TJ on 38's w/ a 5.7 in it. It sits too high for my taste, but it kicked a$$ in the snow. Another guy that came had a YJ that had a 3 link front and 4 link rear. Wish I got a pic, it was sweet. On a side note, my next tire may just be a 36" Irok. I love those tires. Just wish they were street friendly.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.