ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Reply
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #916
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Agreed, like 95% of the forum Did I say that?
Yes, I just quoted myself. But in all seriousness, just get out and wheel your ****. I've asked a lot of questions before, but I've learned to just do what I want and wheel it. If it breaks, fix it. I've taught myself how to weld, and well, I welded my 8.25 on my own, by myself, so I kind of went into it blind. A buddy of mine and I were talking about doing it, and I turned into the test mule. At least 2k miles later, lots of rocks, some rev limiter climbs, a burnout by power braking, and a few nasty looking stop light launches racing ricers and it still holds together . My point is, wheel your **** and quit listening to everything you hear on Jeepforum. I wheeled my TJ w/ 35's on a stock Dana 35. According to Jeepforum, that is automatic death. I never broke it, but wheeled smart.

ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #917
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI, Michigan
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

Yes, I just quoted myself. But in all seriousness, just get out and wheel your ****. I've asked a lot of questions before, but I've learned to just do what I want and wheel it. If it breaks, fix it. I've taught myself how to weld, and well, I welded my 8.25 on my own, by myself, so I kind of went into it blind. A buddy of mine and I were talking about doing it, and I turned into the test mule. At least 2k miles later, lots of rocks, some rev limiter climbs, a burnout by power braking, and a few nasty looking stop light launches racing ricers and it still holds together . My point is, wheel your **** and quit listening to everything you hear on Jeepforum. I wheeled my TJ w/ 35's on a stock Dana 35. According to Jeepforum, that is automatic death. I never broke it, but wheeled smart.
How do you like that welded diff on the street? Have you noticed any tire wear front vs back with it? Are you still able to pull your shafts if you need to?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #918
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
How do you like that welded diff on the street? Have you noticed any tire wear front vs back with it? Are you still able to pull your shafts if you need to?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I welded it so I could still pull the shafts. As far as tire wear, it's not that much worse, though the rear wears faster than the front. It's fine on the street other than "barking" around turns
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #919
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Yes, I just quoted myself. But in all seriousness, just get out and wheel your ****. I've asked a lot of questions before, but I've learned to just do what I want and wheel it. If it breaks, fix it. I've taught myself how to weld, and well, I welded my 8.25 on my own, by myself, so I kind of went into it blind. A buddy of mine and I were talking about doing it, and I turned into the test mule. At least 2k miles later, lots of rocks, some rev limiter climbs, a burnout by power braking, and a few nasty looking stop light launches racing ricers and it still holds together . My point is, wheel your **** and quit listening to everything you hear on Jeepforum. I wheeled my TJ w/ 35's on a stock Dana 35. According to Jeepforum, that is automatic death. I never broke it, but wheeled smart.
MA bell run as soon as TARRRZZZZZ
__________________
Stupid lowrider xj.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/zips-2-0-my-98-a-1498978/
7.3 tow rig
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #920
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Yes, I just quoted myself. But in all seriousness, just get out and wheel your ****. I've asked a lot of questions before, but I've learned to just do what I want and wheel it. If it breaks, fix it. I've taught myself how to weld, and well, I welded my 8.25 on my own, by myself, so I kind of went into it blind. A buddy of mine and I were talking about doing it, and I turned into the test mule. At least 2k miles later, lots of rocks, some rev limiter climbs, a burnout by power braking, and a few nasty looking stop light launches racing ricers and it still holds together . My point is, wheel your **** and quit listening to everything you hear on Jeepforum. I wheeled my TJ w/ 35's on a stock Dana 35. According to Jeepforum, that is automatic death. I never broke it, but wheeled smart.
AMEN!

There is a wealth of info on the interwebz but you read too much and youll go nuts. According to JF, almost all of my buddy's trail rigs should have detonated by now. According to JF I totally need to regear because of my 31s, my add a leaf should be sagging 3 inches by now, and my driveline vibes should be unbearable. I can read that **** all day long but at the end of the day it works on mine!

Before people like ibjeepin and ktmracer on CF, and before the term "LCG" got overused, the web wheelers would eat this stuff alive. "ahhh, yes, hi. Im new to JF. I wanna run 35s on a 3" lift with stock axles and gears. Any thoughts?"

Can you imagine the web wheelers zoom in? OMMMMGGG ITLL EXPLODE AND TEAR IT IN HALF AND YOUR WIFE WILL LEAVE YOU AND AN ASTEROID WILL HIT EARTH.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #921
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
AMEN!

There is a wealth of info on the interwebz but you read too much and youll go nuts. According to JF, almost all of my buddy's trail rigs should have detonated by now. According to JF I totally need to regear because of my 31s, my add a leaf should be sagging 3 inches by now, and my driveline vibes should be unbearable. I can read that **** all day long but at the end of the day it works on mine!

Before people like ibjeepin and ktmracer on CF, and before the term "LCG" got overused, the web wheelers would eat this stuff alive. "ahhh, yes, hi. Im new to JF. I wanna run 35s on a 3" lift with stock axles and gears. Any thoughts?"

Can you imagine the web wheelers zoom in? OMMMMGGG ITLL EXPLODE AND TEAR IT IN HALF AND YOUR WIFE WILL LEAVE YOU AND AN ASTEROID WILL HIT EARTH.
haha. But, at the same time, you can't throw 35's on a 3 inch lift and call it good. I've put a lot of work into mine to make it work this well, and I still have more work to do. Bumpstops, mad fender clearancing, shock placement (which I'm still working on), steering, yada, yada, yada. 3:55's aren't too bad for me, but I have a fairly low mileage 4.0 and it's right healthy. Eventually, I'll go 4.88's. I'm also planning to truss the Dana 30, gusset the C's, and maybe get some chromos.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #922
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,253
You should be atleast a little proud, I was skydriving today!
Also I am working on skidplates and such today.

Getting some spiders tomorrow or friday.
__________________
Stupid lowrider xj.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/zips-2-0-my-98-a-1498978/
7.3 tow rig
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #923
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
And VegasGT, people run other leafs besides add a leafs? Really? It's all I've ever run, with no ill effects.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #924
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
haha. But, at the same time, you can't throw 35's on a 3 inch lift and call it good. I've put a lot of work into mine to make it work this well, and I still have more work to do. Bumpstops, mad fender clearancing, shock placement (which I'm still working on), steering, yada, yada, yada. 3:55's aren't too bad for me, but I have a fairly low mileage 4.0 and it's right healthy. Eventually, I'll go 4.88's. I'm also planning to truss the Dana 30, gusset the C's, and maybe get some chromos.
Oh Im well aware of all the measures youve taken. Just using an example to show how people can take advice on what is "ideal" and commit to the brain as if it were the bible of Jeep code. We know the lengths you've went to in order too make it work. But a web wheeler that has read that 35's rub stock flares at 6.5" lift, then hears about you running 35s on 3" would automatically assume your full of ****. But you stepped out of the comfort zone and made it work.

I hope that makes sense, ive had a brew or two haha.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #925
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
And VegasGT, people run other leafs besides add a leafs? Really? It's all I've ever run, with no ill effects.
I honestly wish id done this.
I bastard packed what a **** up
__________________
Stupid lowrider xj.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/zips-2-0-my-98-a-1498978/
7.3 tow rig
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #926
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Oh Im well aware of all the measures youve taken. Just using an example to show how people can take advice on what is "ideal" and commit to the brain as if it were the bible of Jeep code. We know the lengths you've went to in order too make it work. But a web wheeler that has read that 35's rub stock flares at 6.5" lift, then hears about you running 35s on 3" would automatically assume your full of ****. But you stepped out of the comfort zone and made it work.

I hope that makes sense, ive had a brew or two haha.
I got ya. And posting on Jeepforum drunk is one of my favorite things to do while online
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #927
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
And VegasGT, people run other leafs besides add a leafs? Really? It's all I've ever run, with no ill effects.
Haha Ive had AAL (errr... add a leaf haha) and full pack before, honestly depends on how good your OE pack is. My 99 was great and my add a leaf yielded awesome results. On my 01 the pack was shot so bad that with an add a leaf, I had to have a single person in the back to sit in the middle so it wouldnt lean something awful lol. Good example of how much different Jeeps vary.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #928
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
i got ya. And posting on jeepforum drunk is one of my favorite things to do while online
'murika!
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #929
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
'murika!
Man I could go for a PBR right now. 'Merica!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #930
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,253
Moonshine
__________________
Stupid lowrider xj.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/zips-2-0-my-98-a-1498978/
7.3 tow rig
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.