ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build - Page 40 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Reply
Unread 01-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #586
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
You said that like 3 months ago, get to reading son!!!
Damn, you caught me

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
I'll take over from here, I like mine a lot. They make a huge difference in cornering stability vs a relocation bracket and lift shackle. They say they don't require grease but if I don't grease mine they ride extremely stiff. IMO my flex is about the same as when I had the relocation brackets and 1.5" lift shackles but without the added height.
So they eliminate the shackle?

ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #587
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123

I'll take over from here, I like mine a lot. They make a huge difference in cornering stability vs a relocation bracket and lift shackle. They say they don't require grease but if I don't grease mine they ride extremely stiff. IMO my flex is about the same as when I had the relocation brackets and 1.5" lift shackles but without the added height.
How much roughly did they net you when you installed? That info was exactly what i was looking for.
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #588
alexrule123
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
So they eliminate the shackle?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
How much roughly did they net you when you installed? That info was exactly what i was looking for.
From what I could tell they did not add any lift.
__________________
Quote:
The great thing about UDP jokes is no one cares if you get them or not.
2001 Cherokee Limited: My Build Thread
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #589
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,099
So I just read up on these and, well, I know what I want instead of shackle relocation boxes
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #590
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123

Yes

From what I could tell they did not add any lift.
Sweet. Those will be ordered...soon.
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #591
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95
So I just read up on these and, well, I know what I want instead of shackle relocation boxes
No joke dude. Lol
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #592
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,681
Where are you ordering them from? Put some in a rig awhile back and the fitment sucked and had to modify them to make them fit. I cant remember who made them though the customer brought them in.
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #593
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser
Where are you ordering them from? Put some in a rig awhile back and the fitment sucked and had to modify them to make them fit. I cant remember who made them though the customer brought them in.
I'm not worried about cutting stuff, have you seen my XJ? Lol
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #594
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,681
Same here I just feel like if I buy a product made for a certain vehicle, I shouldnt have to modify it to do what its supposed to do lol.
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #595
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser
Same here I just feel like if I buy a product made for a certain vehicle, I shouldnt have to modify it to do what its supposed to do lol.
Yeah dude, I understand that.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #596
alexrule123
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Where are you ordering them from? Put some in a rig awhile back and the fitment sucked and had to modify them to make them fit. I cant remember who made them though the customer brought them in.
I had to trim probably 1/8"-1/4" of the sheet metal on each side for them to fit. It really was not that much I had to trim.
__________________
Quote:
The great thing about UDP jokes is no one cares if you get them or not.
2001 Cherokee Limited: My Build Thread
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #597
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,681
You are lucky then haha, the brackets we got had to cut and re-weld, they were a good inch to wide. They said they were for an 84-01 Cherokee, but its like they took no effort to make any measurements.
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #598
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer
 
SFRautomotive's Avatar
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser
You are lucky then haha, the brackets we got had to cut and re-weld, they were a good inch to wide. They said they were for an 84-01 Cherokee, but its like they took no effort to make any measurements.
Hadnt heard that yet
__________________
92xj....Linked, Locked, Caged, Armored...
what are leaf springs?
"You're what's wrong with America. You don't drink enough PBR and you probably run sway bars on the street. Fawking communist."-ibjeepin95
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #599
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,681
Unless the guys jeep was in an accident but I doubt it would have tweaked both sides for how off it was without showing significant signs and there was no damage to be seen in the unibody. Maybe they were some off brand POS boxes but they definitly sucked. I am in no way bashing any other company or trying to stop people from buying them, I am just saying buy from a respectable company.
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:28 PM   #600
alexrule123
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser
You are lucky then haha, the brackets we got had to cut and re-weld, they were a good inch to wide. They said they were for an 84-01 Cherokee, but its like they took no effort to make any measurements.
The liquid iron xj boxes fit perfectly and every bolt hole lined up.
__________________
Quote:
The great thing about UDP jokes is no one cares if you get them or not.
2001 Cherokee Limited: My Build Thread
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.