ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build

Black Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Reply
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #301
BomberJeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Va Beach, VA
Posts: 1,331
Great work and great looking XJ man. Keep it up

__________________
Never get between a man and his Jeep - Stacey David.
BomberJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #302
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberJeep View Post
Great work and great looking XJ man. Keep it up
Thanks dude! Good to hear from another VA Jeep guy!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 04:39 AM   #303
DezertXj88
Senior Member
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in the dust, Ca
Posts: 789
Ok..so say you didn't do the shocks through the floor..what issue is there? When on 3" and 35's?
I mean obviously rubbing up front, bump stop & trimming is needed, same for the rear. Cut & fold recommended so your not rubbing..but what else is there?
DezertXj88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #304
jeepnatv4life
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Harrisonburg VA
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertXj88 View Post
Ok..so say you didn't do the shocks through the floor..what issue is there? When on 3" and 35's?
I mean obviously rubbing up front, bump stop & trimming is needed, same for the rear. Cut & fold recommended so your not rubbing..but what else is there?
have u read the hole thread lmao????? He has shock hoops in the rear......
__________________
XJ 35's locked Gas Tank in the Trunk Shox Hoops in the rear.
'13 RZR 570
jeepnatv4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #305
crockett07
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake wales, Florida
Posts: 999
Whole*
crockett07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #306
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett07
Whole*
Lol just like a chick......
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #307
DezertXj88
Senior Member
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in the dust, Ca
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnatv4life View Post
have u read the hole thread lmao????? He has shock hoops in the rear......
Did you not read my question?

IF you didn't do shock through the floor, what would the potential issues/draw backs be
I know he has shocks through the floor, I'm asking the draw backs of 35's without them through the floor
DezertXj88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #308
alexrule123
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 7,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertXj88

Did you not read my question?

IF you didn't do shock through the floor, what would the potential issues/draw backs be
I know he has shocks through the floor, I'm asking the draw backs of 35's without them through the floor
It depends on the amount of lift you have. You have to trade up travel with down travel and have the shock body fit in the small amount of space under the jeep.
__________________
Quote:
The great thing about UDP jokes is no one cares if you get them or not.
2001 Cherokee Limited: My Build Thread
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #309
DezertXj88
Senior Member
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in the dust, Ca
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
It depends on the amount of lift you have. You have to trade up travel with down travel and have the shock body fit in the small amount of space under the jeep.
Ya I figured it was more of a shock travel thing..basically with then mounted through the floor he can run a 14" or 16" or whatever to get the down travel he needed..
DezertXj88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #310
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,202
Yup, Alex has it right. I wanted to mount my lower shock mounts on top of the axle so they were out of the way. My lower mount is currently on the spring plate. The only shock I could could have mounted there would have been a stock style shock with no travel, so that wasn't happening. After I did the hoops, I continued (and still am) running the 10 inch shocks I had. Eventually, after I get to doing some shackle relocation brackets and redoing the springs, I will go to a 12 inch shock because it will give me the most down travel and just enough up travel.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #311
DezertXj88
Senior Member
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in the dust, Ca
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Yup, Alex has it right. I wanted to mount my lower shock mounts on top of the axle so they were out of the way. My lower mount is currently on the spring plate. The only shock I could could have mounted there would have been a stock style shock with no travel, so that wasn't happening. After I did the hoops, I continued (and still am) running the 10 inch shocks I had. Eventually, after I get to doing some shackle relocation brackets and redoing the springs, I will go to a 12 inch shock because it will give me the most down travel and just enough up travel.
Aww so it was because you moved the lower mount. Thats what I was after. Shock shocks in stock location it shouldn't have an issue!
DezertXj88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #312
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,202
Yup. Main reason for the hoops was for longer shocks and just to simply outboard them. Outboarding them allows the shock to actually work like it's supposed to. Of course, fitting a shock was another important reason.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #313
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,099
Well in think you need clayton lowers...
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #314
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1
Well in think you need clayton lowers...
I do. 150 is shipped?
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #315
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,099
Yupp
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.