ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks James. I got more, I'll get them up Monday night. I work three 12's Saturday, Sunday, Monday, so I'm kinda tired. Btw, that's a cell phone pic. Anyways, I got a lot of things to work out. For now, it's able to be driven, and I have been driving it. The shop balanced the tires but I don't think they are right because it has a little bit of shimmy til about 55-60. As far as flex, bump stops will happen within the next week or two. I also need to clean the front fender trim up some, as it was a quick job just to get the tires on. Like I said, I got a lot of things to do before it's "right" in my mind. D35 probably won't like wheelin' those big tarz. Though I've done it before...

ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #17
glen6251
1998 XJ Cherokee 

4.5 clears the 35's pretty nice. maybe some coil spacers and shackles with your lift will also help it out a little bit.
on my girls cherokee i did the 4.5 with a shackle in the back and bushwacker flat flares and it clears 35's fine for flex and we didn't trim much.

ill be following curious to how it will all end up
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #18
jeepnatv4life
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen6251 View Post
4.5 clears the 35's pretty nice. maybe some coil spacers and shackles with your lift will also help it out a little bit.
on my girls cherokee i did the 4.5 with a shackle in the back and bushwacker flat flares and it clears 35's fine for flex and we didn't trim much.

ill be following curious to how it will all end up
more lift would take away from being low..........
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #19
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The new rig looks awesome man! Cherokees are pretty neat!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #20
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

True dat Josh. Why add more lift? Flex can be made. And it's ok Kyle, no one will hate cause you truely love XJ's
Unread 02-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #21
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

BTW, new pics...

I also pulled the wheel weights off cause they weren't balanced right. They actually ride better with no weights. Has some shimmy in the front, so I ordered a a steering stsbilizer.....from Rusty's I figured they couldn't screw that up, plus I ordered the one with heims. This one: http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...egory_Code=ste

We will see how it goes. I need to order a new tie rod cause the stock one is hatin' life right now. Also, I will probably be doing my SYE next Wednesday. Anyone have any idea if a stock front shaft will work with around 3 inches of lift??
Unread 02-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #22
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Another thing, after I get my taxes back, I'll order the simple swap kit from Ruff Stuff and start doing my 8.8 swap
Unread 02-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #23
glen6251
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
True dat Josh. Why add more lift? Flex can be made. And it's ok Kyle, no one will hate cause you truely love XJ's
thats always tru that flex can be mad and i bet it will be a very capable rip. but everyone has their own style. mine is just clean and not hacked
Unread 02-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #24
glen6251
1998 XJ Cherokee 

is it you dd? how do you like those tires for the on road usage? and what else is in store for the front end because of the 35's? i see tie rodand stabilizer, but anything else?

and yea the front drive shaft will be fine. hers is at 4.5 and still good. no problems so far.
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #25
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't think mine looks hacked but to each their own opinion. It's not my DD but the tires ride smooth on the road. Lots of things to come. Most likely getting a 3 link with Currie JJ's on every end, 1 ton steering down the road and a steering box brace. Probably some unibody plating later on also.
Unread 02-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #26
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yesterday I got the stabilizer from Rusty's and slapped it on. Sad part is I really can't tell a difference

Today I picked up a drive shaft from an auto XJ so I can do my SYE. I don't think I mentioned it before but I do have a new SYE that I kept from my TJ.

On a side note I found out what I am getting back from my taxes and a Clayton Pro series 3 link may be on order sooner than I thought
Unread 02-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #27
bigdhamYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Gorgeous XJ man! you shouldn't have a problem with the front drive shaft at that height. My old ZJ ran 4.5" and my YJ at 4.5" and now 3" haven't had a problem with the factory drive shafts. I laughed so hard when you said "cause you ain't wheeling in the south unless your on white shocks...." Sad but true
bigdhamYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #28
V1GiLaNtE

1998 XJ Cherokee 

^^ Oh wow hey now.. I just noticed you're profile says Harrisonburg, VA!!??

How is it I haven't seen you rollin around man?? I'm a super senior here at JMU.. maybe seen me rollin around?

98' Classic with a rear swing out and the Hellas..

Just got my IRO trackbar tuesday which is the last of the parts I needed to go 3.5"..now I have to find the damn time to put everything on..
We should do some wheelin sir!

Build is coming along nicely!!
V1GiLaNtE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #29
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yessir, you commented on my TJ build when I had that lol. We sometimes wheel GWNF but here lately (or last time we really wheeled) we go over to Crozet. It's some great wheeling over there. Hit the RCPFA link in my sig.
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #30
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdhamYJ View Post
Gorgeous XJ man! you shouldn't have a problem with the front drive shaft at that height. My old ZJ ran 4.5" and my YJ at 4.5" and now 3" haven't had a problem with the factory drive shafts. I laughed so hard when you said "cause you ain't wheeling in the south unless your on white shocks...." Sad but true
Thanks man. And yup, it is true. Cheap shocks for the win. YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAWW!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.