ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build - Page 102 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 06-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #1516
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,268
Congrats on the Cherokee of the month ****!

__________________
Stupid lowrider xj.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/zips-2-0-my-98-a-1498978/
7.3 tow rig
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #1517
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
Congrats on the Cherokee of the month ****!
Thanks dood!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #1518
Motorcharge
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 11,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post

Haha, you wouldn't want it. It's all tweaked and that one leaf is too short. Unless you like leafs that try to flatten out!
Nah, I fort enough of that now lol
__________________
|Project Motörcharge | XJ Non-Tech FAQ | Ammo Can Lock Box | Motorcycle Build|

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #1519
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

Thanks dood!
No problem

Sent from my xj
__________________
Stupid lowrider xj.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/zips-2-0-my-98-a-1498978/
7.3 tow rig
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #1520
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Nah, I fort enough of that now lol
Exactly!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #1521
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,065
Do you have an pics of your exhaust setup? The rocks took mine and wont give it back.

Im looking to do something up and out of the way, and I was thinking you might have a setup like that.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #1522
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,676
I just cut my tail pipe right after the axle on my white one so it comes out right behind the right rear tire point at the ground but it sits up high..same height as the gas tank.

My black one is dumped just before the axle, out of the way but can get a little annoying and its stock. Only thing I like loud are V8s and diesels tho haha
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #1523
Motorcharge
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 11,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Exactly!
have* stupid phone lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
I just cut my tail pipe right after the axle on my white one so it comes out right behind the right rear tire point at the ground but it sits up high..same height as the gas tank.
That's where I cut mine at. My cheapo tailpipe didn't come with a hanger point for the back end. Cutting it was easier than welding one on.
__________________
|Project Motörcharge | XJ Non-Tech FAQ | Ammo Can Lock Box | Motorcycle Build|

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #1524
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
I just cut my tail pipe right after the axle on my white one so it comes out right behind the right rear tire point at the ground but it sits up high..same height as the gas tank.

My black one is dumped just before the axle, out of the way but can get a little annoying and its stock. Only thing I like loud are V8s and diesels tho haha
I intend to cut mine how your black one is, the tailpipe wasnt the problem as much as my gigantic cat catching a rock. I think Ill probably just go with a thinner profile cat, Dynomax muffler, and cut down stock tailpipe.

And im like you. If its not diesel or V8 then it needs to shut the **** up.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #1525
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,268
Turbo i6s I can dig but other than v8s them and diesels no.

Sent from my xj
__________________
Stupid lowrider xj.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/zips-2-0-my-98-a-1498978/
7.3 tow rig
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #1526
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
Turbo i6s I can dig but other than v8s them and diesels no.

Sent from my xj
Im not going to say much but my co-worker is huge into drift cars, done plenty of engine swaps and such and hes got an xj hes getting a 50 trim turbo for, already has all the oil lines figured out and exhaust routing and said if I wanted to buy fittings lines, same turbo, BOV and waste gate for mine and go halvsies on exhaust tubing he would help me turbo mine. I am highly considering it
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #1527
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
I intend to cut mine how your black one is, the tailpipe wasnt the problem as much as my gigantic cat catching a rock. I think Ill probably just go with a thinner profile cat, Dynomax muffler, and cut down stock tailpipe.

And im like you. If its not diesel or V8 then it needs to shut the **** up.
Gotcha, I fully weld all my exhausts for that reason haha. Had a turn down on my old 2 door and caught the cat on a rock while bumping a hill climb and it ripped off so hard it pushed the turn down into my gas tank and put a nice hole in it. Dont do a sharp tip turn down is my advice lol
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #1528
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Gotcha, I fully weld all my exhausts for that reason haha. Had a turn down on my old 2 door and caught the cat on a rock while bumping a hill climb and it ripped off so hard it pushed the turn down into my gas tank and put a nice hole in it. Dont do a sharp tip turn down is my advice lol
Haha good advice.

And yea Ill be welding up my own since no matter how I tuck it up it is likely to happen again.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #1529
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser

Im not going to say much but my co-worker is huge into drift cars, done plenty of engine swaps and such and hes got an xj hes getting a 50 trim turbo for, already has all the oil lines figured out and exhaust routing and said if I wanted to buy fittings lines, same turbo, BOV and waste gate for mine and go halvsies on exhaust tubing he would help me turbo mine. I am highly considering it
Hy35 is being fit into mine it's a ***** to fit in haha

Fmu because **** tuning
30lb injectors because she's gonna be thirsty as **** under boost

New tranny because **** the 230k one

Sent from my xj
__________________
Stupid lowrider xj.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/zips-2-0-my-98-a-1498978/
7.3 tow rig
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #1530
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer
 
SFRautomotive's Avatar
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post

Haha good advice.

And yea Ill be welding up my own since no matter how I tuck it up it is likely to happen again.
Stacks!
__________________
92xj....Linked, Locked, Caged, Armored...
what are leaf springs?
"You're what's wrong with America. You don't drink enough PBR and you probably run sway bars on the street. Fawking communist."-ibjeepin95
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.