ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build - Page 100 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #1486
alexrule123
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95
Well, this may come as a shocker, but I MIGHT go up to 4.5 . MAYBE. I got a hold of some 3.5 springs that are used from my buddy, and a set of 4.5 coils just in case the @ss sits too high. I plan to cut my big shackle down to 1.5" shackles and hopefully they will work fine with my front 3" coils. If not, oh well. I'll just go to 4.5 and enjoy the up travel and the extra belly height. But, if I go to 4.5, I will get 2" wheel spacers to make up for the added height in width. Anyways, I did an alignment yesterday and the XJ keeps wanting to go right. I know this is a Jeep thing and it has to do with the crown in the road, but I think mine is doing it worse because the *** end is so damn uneven. Hopefully, the springs will fix this.
Well now you know you are going to roll while driving over a speed bump.

__________________
Quote:
The great thing about UDP jokes is no one cares if you get them or not.
2001 Cherokee Limited: My Build Thread
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #1487
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123

Well now you know you are going to roll while driving over a speed bump.
Hahahaha, maybe! I'm scared.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #1488
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95
Well, this may come as a shocker, but I MIGHT go up to 4.5 . MAYBE. I got a hold of some 3.5 springs that are used from my buddy, and a set of 4.5 coils just in case the @ss sits too high. I plan to cut my big shackle down to 1.5" shackles and hopefully they will work fine with my front 3" coils. If not, oh well. I'll just go to 4.5 and enjoy the up travel and the extra belly height. But, if I go to 4.5, I will get 2" wheel spacers to make up for the added height in width. Anyways, I did an alignment yesterday and the XJ keeps wanting to go right. I know this is a Jeep thing and it has to do with the crown in the road, but I think mine is doing it worse because the *** end is so damn uneven. Hopefully, the springs will fix this.
Go home this just became a cookie cutter build.

Jk mab

Sent from my xj
__________________
Resident XJ lowlife. 35 general reds on 3inches of lift.
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #1489
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95

Go home this just became a cookie cutter build.

Jk mab

Sent from my xj
B!tch please.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #1490
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer
 
SFRautomotive's Avatar
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,177
why so high??????????????????????????????????????~!
__________________
92xj....Linked, Locked, Caged, Armored...
what are leaf springs?
"You're what's wrong with America. You don't drink enough PBR and you probably run sway bars on the street. Fawking communist."-ibjeepin95
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #1491
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive
why so high??????????????????????????????????????~!
Hahaha, I think it feels too high! I've never owned an XJ over 3" of lift! Hell, my TJ wasn't over 3" total on 35's.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #1492
Luke95
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Plymouth, CT
Posts: 3,294
I would just leave it or do a set of stock packs with some better front coils

Sent from my xj
__________________
Resident XJ lowlife. 35 general reds on 3inches of lift.
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #1493
alexrule123
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 7,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive
why so high??????????????????????????????????????~!
That's what I'm screaming.
__________________
Quote:
The great thing about UDP jokes is no one cares if you get them or not.
2001 Cherokee Limited: My Build Thread
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #1494
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95
I would just leave it or do a set of stock packs with some better front coils

Sent from my xj
Can't leave it. I swear, it's pulling to the right because the leafs are so ****ed.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #1495
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,681
lollercopters
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #1496
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Well, this may come as a shocker, but I MIGHT go up to 4.5 . MAYBE. I got a hold of some 3.5 springs that are used from my buddy, and a set of 4.5 coils just in case the @ss sits too high. I plan to cut my big shackle down to 1.5" shackles and hopefully they will work fine with my front 3" coils. If not, oh well. I'll just go to 4.5 and enjoy the up travel and the extra belly height. But, if I go to 4.5, I will get 2" wheel spacers to make up for the added height in width. Anyways, I did an alignment yesterday and the XJ keeps wanting to go right. I know this is a Jeep thing and it has to do with the crown in the road, but I think mine is doing it worse because the *** end is so damn uneven. Hopefully, the springs will fix this.

stock springs with 4" shackles in the back

all dat up travel.

Seriously though 4.5" is a nice height and is only marginally different from 3.5
__________________
Wannabe Desert Rat
'00 XJ 6.5" w/ 33s
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #1497
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
stock springs with 4" shackles in the back

all dat up travel.

Seriously though 4.5" is a nice height and is only marginally different from 3.5
Yeah, I can probably live with it lol
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #1498
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 2,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95
Well, this may come as a shocker, but I MIGHT go up to 4.5 . MAYBE. I got a hold of some 3.5 springs that are used from my buddy, and a set of 4.5 coils just in case the @ss sits too high. I plan to cut my big shackle down to 1.5" shackles and hopefully they will work fine with my front 3" coils. If not, oh well. I'll just go to 4.5 and enjoy the up travel and the extra belly height. But, if I go to 4.5, I will get 2" wheel spacers to make up for the added height in width. Anyways, I did an alignment yesterday and the XJ keeps wanting to go right. I know this is a Jeep thing and it has to do with the crown in the road, but I think mine is doing it worse because the *** end is so damn uneven. Hopefully, the springs will fix this.
Broke up with the fat girl? Good choice
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #1499
crockett07
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake wales, Florida
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj

Broke up with the fat girl? Good choice
Fat girls try harder
crockett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #1500
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj

Broke up with the fat girl? Good choice
Yeah, your mom got old... .!..!.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.