ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build - Page 66 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #976 of 2369 Old 03-18-2013, 10:42 AM
crockett07
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake wales
Posts: 1,012
I've been chomping at the bit about relocation brackets, but considering the 5600's instead. Know anything about them?

crockett07 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #977 of 2369 Old 03-19-2013, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,248
pitchars

Already got rust on them. Don't mind my bubble gum weld exhaust mount. I was in a hurry and it works .!..!.


Needz I sez more?



A$$ end high...



And of course, I went doorless with this slightly warmer weather...

ibjeepin95 is offline  
post #978 of 2369 Old 03-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland
Posts: 1,099
Hows it ride and flecks?

On the bottom when u did your sliders, besides bracing to the unibody did you just stitch it like the top? Oh and how hard did you slam to bend it up?

-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline  
post #979 of 2369 Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland
Posts: 1,099
Oh and that cleveland stickers is the tits. You have instagram?

-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline  
post #980 of 2369 Old 03-19-2013, 07:33 PM
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer
 
SFRautomotive's Avatar
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,280
Sweeet

00XJ limited.....Tons, ORI's, Caged
92xj....Linked, Locked, Caged, Armored...RIP
what are leaf springs?
"You're what's wrong with America. You don't drink enough PBR and you probably run sway bars on the street. Fawking communist."-ibjeepin95
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline  
post #981 of 2369 Old 03-19-2013, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Hows it ride and flecks?

On the bottom when u did your sliders, besides bracing to the unibody did you just stitch it like the top? Oh and how hard did you slam to bend it up?
It rides like sex and the flex has been greatly improved. As for the sliders, I stitched them into the top and bottom of the unibody. I don't think I slammed it very hard, but apparently I'm told by friends I wheel with that I slam the ***** out of them. You may be fine not bracing them, but overkill is never a bad option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Oh and that cleveland stickers is the tits. You have instagram?
Not Cleveland! It's Ollie the weather man from Family Guy. It says " It's gon' scrape!" since my rig is so low lol. And yes, I'm an Instawhore . I'm by my username, ibjeepin95.
ibjeepin95 is offline  
post #982 of 2369 Old 03-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

It rides like sex and the flex has been greatly improved. As for the sliders, I stitched them into the top and bottom of the unibody. I don't think I slammed it very hard, but apparently I'm told by friends I wheel with that I slam the ***** out of them. You may be fine not bracing them, but overkill is never a bad option.

Not Cleveland! It's Ollie the weather man from Family Guy. It says " It's gon' scrape!" since my rig is so low lol. And yes, I'm an Instawhore . I'm by my username, ibjeepin95.
Awesome, i want bilsteins now. Idk why i put cleveland i meant ollie. Lol
Ill go find ya, im also an instawhore!!!

-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline  
post #983 of 2369 Old 03-19-2013, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Awesome, i want bilsteins now. Idk why i put cleveland i meant ollie. Lol
Ill go find ya, im also an instawhore!!!
Hahaha, cool deal man. And Bilsteins are tittys, dawg.
ibjeepin95 is offline  
post #984 of 2369 Old 03-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

Hahaha, cool deal man. And Bilsteins are tittys, dawg.
I want them bad lol i think ill get them for a 4.5" so mo down travel, i think it will work in my favor that way? Lol

-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline  
post #985 of 2369 Old 03-19-2013, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
I want them bad lol i think ill get them for a 4.5" so mo down travel, i think it will work in my favor that way? Lol
I'm not sure what "lift height" mine are for. I just did some measuring. I run 10" travels up front and 12" travels in the rear. If I could make a 12" travel fit up front, I'd get a set of Currie springs and run 'em. Problem is, making room to run 12's
ibjeepin95 is offline  
post #986 of 2369 Old 03-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

I'm not sure what "lift height" mine are for. I just did some measuring. I run 10" travels up front and 12" travels in the rear. If I could make a 12" travel fit up front, I'd get a set of Currie springs and run 'em. Problem is, making room to run 12's
Haha right. You heard anything about clayton springs? Thinking about those. I want to be at 4.5" and 35s by the end of the summer or so.

-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline  
post #987 of 2369 Old 03-19-2013, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Haha right. You heard anything about clayton springs? Thinking about those. I want to be at 4.5" and 35s by the end of the summer or so.
I really don't know anything about them but I've done a good deal of business with them and never had a problem. They build some stout stuff.
ibjeepin95 is offline  
post #988 of 2369 Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 AM
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

I really don't know anything about them but I've done a good deal of business with them and never had a problem. They build some stout stuff.
Same way i feel, i dont want a stiff *** spring but also not too soft. My rear leafs ride like **** though, not sure because of the aal or shocks.

-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline  
post #989 of 2369 Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Same way i feel, i dont want a stiff *** spring but also not too soft. My rear leafs ride like **** though, not sure because of the aal or shocks.
I hear nothing but good about Currie springs...
ibjeepin95 is offline  
post #990 of 2369 Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 AM
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal
 
The_Blacksmith's Avatar
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 2,851
lets talk ideas here bud. I've been wanting to do the relocation for some time now, but my jeep sits level, maybe even a tad higher in the back (4.5'' full pack) Going higher isn't an option, should i yank a leaf out of the pack or just rip the pack out and sell it? It was a new full pack idk year or so ago.

Jeep looks good. I envy the rear shocks, I should have thought a few things threw better before I did my awesome monstaliner.
The_Blacksmith is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Jeep Build: Minty White Country XJ Build GTEIS300 Jeep Builds 34 01-20-2013 10:42 AM
2000 TJ Build - LCG First Time Build japete01 Jeep Builds 82 06-07-2012 09:50 PM
JeepWJ26 Build--Johnny Cash Build JeepWJ26 Jeep Builds 31 01-09-2012 11:15 AM
WeatherWarrior's "you better not call it a build" build thread. WeatherWarrior Jeep Builds 10 12-12-2011 05:31 PM
JeepDVL45's 'Bruiser' Build -- A Daily Driver's slow build JeepDVL45 Jeep Builds 41 08-11-2011 09:44 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome