I think I've seen it all. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > I think I've seen it all.

Jeep Liberty Window RegulatorJeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 07-29-2008, 06:12 AM   #1
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think I've seen it all.

I'm always on the look out for other XJ's around my area since I got mine. I caught up with a guy through another local forum that lives close to me and has a red one with a 4.5" lift and 33's. Cool deal.

Last sunday on my way home from my gf's house, I caught a glimse of a badass 2dr black XJ going the opposite way on 301. It must have had at least a 6.5" lift and 35's on it, looked huge. Bushwhackers, big *** front bumper, roof rack, you name it. It was pretty decked out and looked great.

Then, about a week ago, I was appalled by this sight. Saw an XJ that was towing a trailer stopped at a light. As I passed, I noticed it must have had a small 2" lift or so because it was sitting pretty high. Also had the fenders trimmed pretty high, but not for big, knobby tires. The thing was sitting on big chrome rims and low profile tires. I was praying they were just his street tires and he had other for the mud, but I'll never know. It looked horrible. No flares, chopped fenders, and dubs. Gross. I as I drove by lol.

Unread 07-29-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

we just had a car show in our town saturday night and some one entered a xj that was lowered with 20 inch wheels and one of those to big and loud for anybodys own good stero systems it looked real goofy I wish i had a camera to show you all,what a shame I felt bad for the poor xj knowing all the other xj`s out there are laughing at it
98muddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yea, I saw a tj at Home depot last week, it had 20 inch black and chrome dubs.

My dad got out of our car and goes..."hahaha wtf?"

Even my mom thought it looked silly.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
usarmy0101
1930 J-Series Truck 

l--___--_[=lllllll=]
()_)' '()_)---)_)
usarmy0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
red96jeep

haha good ol' western shore vehicle pimpin, i swear they'll throw big rims on any kind of vehicle over there.
Rocky Mountain Edition Club member #4
project vehicle
new 2002 jetta 1.8t DD
red96jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

when im pushing carts at work, i see it all too. i work in burnsville which has the biggest wanksters youll ever see. a minivan came in the other day with a spoiler on the roof, walmart spinners with the stock black wheels behind it, a 3" exhaust tip, euro-style tail lights and the hood had a random hole cut in the middle that served absolutley no purpose. never seen a pimped xj though. if i wouldve seen that, i wouldve probably thrown up all over it.
Unread 07-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
funinmud
1998 XJ Cherokee 

next time i drive somewhere i will take a couple pictures of the cars here around tucson. RICE, GHETTO, and too much CHROME! and a few good jeeps. ahhaha

98 XJ on 32's and 2-3" lift, locked, armored, and ready to rock.
funinmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

LOL I actually work up your way alot and I've seen that jeep too! I had the same reaction: pulled up behind it, ready to see something fairly cool, and there they are. DUBS It was mad fly, yo.
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #9
peejsdrawkcab
1999 XJ Cherokee 

SOmebody's gotta mall crawl! I am not gona do it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.