I probably already know the answer... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > I probably already know the answer...

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
JeepXJT

I probably already know the answer...

In the winter I volunteer taking hospital employees in to work when the snow is bad. I have had some tsrting issues that seem to be more apparent when it is raining. not sure about cold. I need this 91 XJ to be usable at a moments notice. If the cooling system was in tip top shape, In what conditions could the 4.L run for more than 24hrs? fresh oil, freezing temps, a more efficient fan..... what are your thoughts?

JeepXJT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
JeepXJT

*starting.
Unread 09-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

If everything was in good shape it should run fine until the oil needed changing. There is a team that run a 4.0 Cherokee in the 24 Hours of Lemons race and they keep it on the redline for pretty much the entire race, and take high speed corners which starve the engine of oil at times. All of this being done with a typical 4.0 and they do pretty good for their class.

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJT View Post
In the winter I volunteer taking hospital employees in to work when the snow is bad. I have had some tsrting issues that seem to be more apparent when it is raining. not sure about cold. I need this 91 XJ to be usable at a moments notice. If the cooling system was in tip top shape, In what conditions could the 4.L run for more than 24hrs? fresh oil, freezing temps, a more efficient fan..... what are your thoughts?
When's the last time your Jeep got plugs, wires, cap and rotor?
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
JeepXJT

less than 100 miles on cap rotor plugs wires fuelpump CPS PCM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.