I need your opinions. Build the one I have or buy a newer one to build up. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > I need your opinions. Build the one I have or buy a newer one to build up.

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Warn and Smittybilt Free Shipping OfferRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
Element96x
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I need your opinions. Build the one I have or buy a newer one to build up.

I currently have a 96 Cherokee Classic, 30 front 8.25 in the rear. Paints in great condition and no rust and a 3 inch lift, which has been on quite a while and barely looks lifted anymore lol. I have about a grand in the sound system also. The bad thing is I have 186k on it. I was think maybe since its in good condition just selling it and grabbing up a 99 with the 8.25 rear in it with lower milage and stock, to put the 3.5 RE superflex on. What do you's think? Build what I got or go for new?

Element96x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
KeeptheJeep
2004 WJ 

I know when I get something new or different, I am a little more excited to work on it. It is always harder to sink money into something I have been driving for 3+ years.

Sell it.

Could you sell the sound system separately? Might get more money.
KeeptheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
MrSimon
1987 MJ Comanche 

Mileage isn't an issue with XJs (rust is though, so watch that). If its running good at 186k, if you take care of it, it will still be running good at 286k.

I'd say keep the Jeep you have and put a new lift on it.
Unread 02-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
boondocksaint
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Mine's got 192k on the clock, and I plan on keepin it til the tires stop spinnin...once it dies I'll buy another one and turn this current one into a trail toy...

White 95 XJ - Jacked up and abused
White 98 XJ - Stock and babied
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
mason_msw
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeptheJeep View Post
I know when I get something new or different, I am a little more excited to work on it. It is always harder to sink money into something I have been driving for 3+ years.

Sell it.

Could you sell the sound system separately? Might get more money.
x2, and the lift that is on it won't be wasted cause you won't have much luck selling one that sagged out whereas on the vehicle its already installed. Plus 97's and up are way sweeter
mason_msw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
MattyO
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i say keep the one you have and give me the money you want to buy another one with . . .
Black Jeep Society member #306
_=====,ooooo,
//__l_l__\____\,____
l_/-\_l__l_/-\|llllll|
`\_/`````\|`````\|
_(o)_)___(o)_)---o-)_)
MattyO is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.