i need opinions/advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > i need opinions/advice

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 08-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
98xj98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i need opinions/advice

So right now I have a 1998 cherokee sport. Its got around 250xxx miles on it, and its kinda rough no a/c, but I still like it. I only paid $1k for it about. A buddy of mine offered me $3000 cash for it, and I know for sure I wont be able to get that much for it if i sell it on craigslist or trade in. I want an off road toy really bad. however Id prefer it to not be my DD as well. I was thinking sell the jeep and buy a decent DD with that cash. and save up for a cheap jeep like a zj with alot of miles or something.

Its just tough me to decide what to do cause its a great offer on the jeep. but with that money i would either not have a jeep or not a DD.

My only concern with a trail rig being my daily is that if something happens to it I wouldnt have a way to school/work. Sorry for rambling just need some advice or opinions.

98xj98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
JeepinJarhead03

sounds like a decent deal... just sayin.. ya know??

Sell it, find a older dependable low electronics or mechanical diesel vw pickup or something, enjoy the reliability and 50mpgs

and keep ya eye out for a XJ/WJ or something someones getting rid of because it needs a windshield or something

I keep seeing WJ's for sale dirt cheap because they need the windshield replaced and the bottom radiator hose is leaking.. lol
JeepinJarhead03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
90xjblue
1990 XJ Cherokee 

3k for a stock jeep with 250k miles, that guy is a moron lol.
90xjblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
98xj98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

haha i know he is. still need some advice
98xj98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sell it now! Do it. Buy a nicer xj somewhere else with his money and laugh at him.

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.