i need opinions/advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > i need opinions/advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
98xj98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i need opinions/advice

So right now I have a 1998 cherokee sport. Its got around 250xxx miles on it, and its kinda rough no a/c, but I still like it. I only paid $1k for it about. A buddy of mine offered me $3000 cash for it, and I know for sure I wont be able to get that much for it if i sell it on craigslist or trade in. I want an off road toy really bad. however Id prefer it to not be my DD as well. I was thinking sell the jeep and buy a decent DD with that cash. and save up for a cheap jeep like a zj with alot of miles or something.

Its just tough me to decide what to do cause its a great offer on the jeep. but with that money i would either not have a jeep or not a DD.

My only concern with a trail rig being my daily is that if something happens to it I wouldnt have a way to school/work. Sorry for rambling just need some advice or opinions.

98xj98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
JeepinJarhead03

sounds like a decent deal... just sayin.. ya know??

Sell it, find a older dependable low electronics or mechanical diesel vw pickup or something, enjoy the reliability and 50mpgs

and keep ya eye out for a XJ/WJ or something someones getting rid of because it needs a windshield or something

I keep seeing WJ's for sale dirt cheap because they need the windshield replaced and the bottom radiator hose is leaking.. lol
JeepinJarhead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
90xjblue
1990 XJ Cherokee 

3k for a stock jeep with 250k miles, that guy is a moron lol.
90xjblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
98xj98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

haha i know he is. still need some advice
98xj98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sell it now! Do it. Buy a nicer xj somewhere else with his money and laugh at him.

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.