i friggin give up! someone else can mount my tires for me - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > i friggin give up! someone else can mount my tires for me

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #16
billb2011
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You could probably spray a little black paint or something on it so it doesn't look too obvious, until you get it fixed. If it wears off.....spray it again.

Unread 05-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #17
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb2011 View Post
You could probably spray a little black paint or something on it so it doesn't look too obvious, until you get it fixed. If it wears off.....spray it again.
I was going to look at wheel paint today. My wife suggested just using a sharpie.
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #18
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I use flat black spray paint on white lettering. Works great and blends in with the rest of the sidewall when dried. Only needs reapplying after a wheeling trip, stays on great on road.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #19
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

isn't noticeable that you spray painted the sides of your tire? I figured regular spray paint would like like ***. Do you tape it off and just do the lettering or say **** it and cover the whole side? I jacked up the one wheel with all the struggling I did trying to mount it, so I need to repaint that anyway. Would be nice not having to tape anything off and just spraying the wheel and side of the tire all at once. After I stopped being a ******* and easily mounted the 2nd tire I didn't even scratch the wheel. I'm such a ******* sometimes.
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #20
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

white lettering out is superior
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #21
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'd like to see what it would look like to make the letters metallic red, which is what I'm using as an accent color on the XJ. Painted my steering metallic red, battery box, the "Rusty's" cutout in my gas tank skid and THOR cutout on my rear quarter panel armor. Might extend that to my coils or my shocks and a few other places too. Also plan on repainting my entire Jeep after I get it back on the road. Instead of the grey with bedliner halfway up the whole way around I'm thinking bedliner cover the entire thing for texture and then metallic silver on most of it and then just the black bedliner on the lower portion under the doors, bumpers, metal fender flares, rear quarter panel armor, and front fender skins.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.