I bought my first Jeep this week, and it's an XJ - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > I bought my first Jeep this week, and it's an XJ

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 09-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #76
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

A few more.

Winching through a deep hole.

More mud.

AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 02:34 AM   #77
MOBBiN
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

After watching your videos it makes me regret getting rid of my TSLs. I don't know how the MTRs will do in the mud :-/
Unread 09-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #78
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

My nephew Cody rolling through the holes like it's nothing.

A little Snatch Block action.

44" AG's are Que Balling in this mud.

Lots more videos at my You Tube Channel.
Unread 09-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #79
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN View Post
After watching your videos it makes me regret getting rid of my TSLs. I don't know how the MTRs will do in the mud :-/
Being locked will really help you. The fact that you have a winch means you can make it through everything. I think the MTR's may surprise you. Not TSL's by any means but they will go better than you think. And when they stop you just pull out the winch. I used mine no less than 10 times for myself and another dozen or so for friends who were winchless.

We are hitting Baldy tomorrow and doing the connector trail. Reports are it's really bad. The rain lately has made the mud holes almost bottomless.

I can't wait.
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #80
troydg

That thing is a beast! I'm jealous! Welcome to the forum
troydg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #81
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

We went on another EPIC trail ride yesterday. It's a local trail called the Connector. It's only about 5 miles long but it climbs over 1200' in elevation and it crosses a dozen or more streams and swamps. The recent rains have made the trail almost impassible in a few of the swamps. I had to winch twice.

Here are a few videos of the trail. I loaded 30 videos from yesterday on my YouTube Channel. Check them out if you want to see more.

Unread 09-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #82
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

The trip wasn't without some carnage though. About a mile from the trailers I popped a u-joint cap on the passenger side front axle. I heard it go and instantly stopped. I unlocked the hubs and drove the rest of the trail in 2WD. I had to engage the driver side hub a couple times to get through nasty stuff. I was surprised I made it through some of the obstacles with only 3 wheel drive.

Once I get on the trailer I inspected the axle and it looks like the ears are savable and all I need to do is throw in a new u-joint. I have some spare shafts if the ears are damaged.
Unread 09-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #83
MOBBiN
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Man those boggers toss some mud!

Unread 09-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #84
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN
Man those boggers toss some mud!
They sure do Sam. The trail was core yesterday dude. That was my fifth time on the Connector this summer and by far the most difficult. I needed my winch just once the first time in May when it was super muddy and I needed it twice this time. That is one of my favorite trails in the area. Zero Lake trail is a close second.
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #85
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looking good man! I know I keep saying this but thats some hardcore stuff up there! Anywhere that 35's are a smallish tire is pretty serious biz.

By the way, brandonray501 on Instagram is me. Started following you week or so ago but my profile is set to private so I wasnt sure if you made the connection or not haha.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #86
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Looking good man! I know I keep saying this but thats some hardcore stuff up there! Anywhere that 35's are a smallish tire is pretty serious biz.

By the way, brandonray501 on Instagram is me. Started following you week or so ago but my profile is set to private so I wasnt sure if you made the connection or not haha.
Sounds good Brandon. I will follow you on IG.

Yesterdays trip was pretty hard core for sure. A couple other friends wanted to go but they had no winch so we said no. Having to turn around and winch people throug holes is no fun at all. Much of the trail yesterday is very difficult to turn around on.

I'm not sure if you watched any of the videos on my YouTube channel but we had some serious fun. No picture or video really does the trails justice, you know that from your videos.
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #87
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
Sounds good Brandon. I will follow you on IG.

Yesterdays trip was pretty hard core for sure. A couple other friends wanted to go but they had no winch so we said no. Having to turn around and winch people throug holes is no fun at all. Much of the trail yesterday is very difficult to turn around on.

I'm not sure if you watched any of the videos on my YouTube channel but we had some serious fun. No picture or video really does the trails justice, you know that from your videos.
Ive watched a few, it all blows my mind. I could literally go nowhere up there lol. And I know very well how video never does anything justice. Steep grades u cant stand on look like flat land on the interwebz. But theres no doubt that you guys have some legit wheeling up there!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2014, 12:36 AM   #88
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Well, wheeling season is fast approaching and I have lots of work to do. I sold everything below the unibody, it's all gone. 8.5" lift, 38.5X15 Cut Boggers, 3/4 Ton HP D44, Corp 14, Ruff Stuff Steering and Track Bar, RE Control Components, Spartan, driveshafts, everything is all gone to a new owner. He dropped a stock 2001 XJ off Friday night and picked it up the next night. Took me about 7 hours to swap everything over. Probably one of the fastest XJ builds ever. My son in law helped too.

This is what his XJ looks like now. almost just like mine.

Unread 04-20-2014, 01:16 AM   #89
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Some of you may wonder why I did all of that. Well, it was time for me to step it up some. I found a decent set of 1 tons and I am going to town. HP60, full floating Corp 14, locked, rolling on 44" AG tires. 18.4-16.1 AG tires to be exact.

I got started on the upgrade last week. I spent about 2 hours prepping my axles and getting the rear leaf pack assembled and installed. I also installed the JKS Adjustable Coil Spring Spacers. I have lots to do. I'm going to thrash super hard on it next weekend and hope to get it sitting on 4 tires, ready to roll. If things go well I hope to be completely finished by about May 1st.

Here she sits as we speak.

JKS ACOS. Super easy to install. really nice product for anyone who needs a little more ride height or who wants to have an adjustable ride height.

Rear leaf spring pack. Started life as a leaf spring out of a 1997 four door Tahoe. It has a couple leafs added for a total of 4" of lift over a stock XJ. The spring is 52" eye to eye and the center locating pin is 27" from the front eyelet. Rear axle set back is now 4" over stock.

The new axles are pretty much prepped and ready for long arm brackets and spring perches to be welded on. I'm moving the front axle forward about 2.5" over stock. I'm shooting for about 1 to 2 of caster with this set up.

More to come.
Unread 04-20-2014, 01:35 AM   #90
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

My new tires. 18.4-16.1 American Farmer R1 AG Tires. They are basically 44" tall and 18.4" wide. They are on 14" wide wheels with beadlocks which adds a little over 1" to the wheel width.

Next I'm gonna need a supercharger to be able to turn them...........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.