I bought my first Jeep this week, and it's an XJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > I bought my first Jeep this week, and it's an XJ

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 08-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #61
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Both are great videos Tom. I really need to get out with you guys. It looks like a blast.

Unread 08-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #62
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks awesome man. Thats definitely a whole 'nother ballgame of wheeling up there!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #63
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Looks awesome man. Thats definitely a whole 'nother ballgame of wheeling up there!
True that! I can see an 8 inch lift out their! In Ct that is a bad IDEA!
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #64
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Here are some more videos of me wheeling the XJ. This trail is about 8 miles from my house. It starts at sea level and goes up to about 1500 in about 3 miles. Some very steep climbs along the way.

One of the little mud holes.

AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #65
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

And the races this weekend.

Round 1 spanking a pretty nice Toyoda

The final getting beat by a supercharged Trophy Truck.
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #66
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Demonstrating how to cut a Bogger.

Unread 09-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #67
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Here is a picture of the Toyota's and my "Grand" Cherokee. That red truck is pretty bad a$$. Tube frame and King air shocks. Ruff Stuff hand fabricated axles, front and rear. Supercharged V6. Brand new 40" Super Swampers. He has more money in one axle than I do in my whole rig. All the Toyota's had tube frames.

The real key in a race like this is the AW4. The Auto can roll through the gears so much faster than a manual tranny. Acceleration is key.

Unread 09-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #68
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

You might of won if you were not racing in a Grand Chreokee
XJmike0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #69
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looking good! You are hauling some genuine *** in the vids!

Side note:
Your signature looks laid out just like mine, sometimes quick scrolling down I think I see one of my replies and realize its you haha.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #70
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

He's missing something at the bottom of his sig!

I'd like to see you in the next COTM Tom!
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #71
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Have been hoping to find this for what feels like a while now. Solid Jeep man, looking forward to seeing more of it.

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #72
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJmike0122 View Post
You might of won if you were not racing in a Grand Chreokee
Haha, you're probably right. Not sure where the announcer came up with Grand Cherokee, maybe he just thought it sounded better. And I don't know where he came up with the part about the Cherokee getting a little beat up. Nothing was getting beat up at all. I was quite easy on the XJ actually. All the drivers got together before the first heat and agreed we were just out to have fun and there would be no rubbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Looking good! You are hauling some genuine *** in the vids!

Side note:
Your signature looks laid out just like mine, sometimes quick scrolling down I think I see one of my replies and realize its you haha.
Thanks Brandon. You know the old saying. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But like MOBBiN said, there is one very significant thing missing from my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
Have been hoping to find this for what feels like a while now. Solid Jeep man, looking forward to seeing more of it.
Thanks buddy.

For the race last weekend I had my Nephew Cody and his son Cohen along for the ride. Cody owns the big silver JK on 46" AG tires in the videos and pictures I have posted. After the races he says to me. "Wow, this is a solid jeep man. The thing doesn't make one click, clack or clunking noise. I'm impressed." I felt pretty good about that because Cody has built some super nice jeeps over the years.
Unread 09-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #73
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post

Thanks Brandon. You know the old saying. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But like MOBBiN said, there is one very significant thing missing from my sig.
Haha, might as well consider it to be in your sig, Ive never seem a COTM tie. You definitely need to enter for September!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #74
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I installed my Rubicon Express RE1670 Track Bar Brace/Frame Connector today. It was a tight fit for sure as one of the bolts didn't line up perfectly but I got it on and bolted up tight. I feel so much better not that I am tying the frame together under the motor and supporting the track bar brace better. I'm kinda hard on this old girl and this may help prevent serious damage to the unibody frame.

And I just ordered the next component for my frame support upgrades. I decided on the C-Rok steering box and frame support kit. It is simple but effective and should help strengthen the frame behind the steering box. The kit was reasonably priced and I can't wait to install it after it comes in.

Unread 09-17-2013, 01:21 AM   #75
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

We just spent the last 4 days wheeling a great local spot called Zero Lake. It was friends and family with about 6 rigs total. We left home Thursday and didn't return till today. The great part is this spot is only about 15 miles from home. Lots of guys don't like this area because they think it's nothing but a winch feast. Well, it can definitely be challenging but we tore it up and had a blast the whole weekend. I am posting about 20 different videos to my YouTube channel you are welcome to go and check them all out. Here are a few showing a glimpse of what we were up against.

This is the first little mud hole. It may not look like much but some of the deeper sections are nearly 3' deep.

Here is my nephew and his '96 XK. Our rigs are almost identical except I have a locked front diff and my boggers are cut. See if you can tell a difference in how his rig goes compared to mine.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.