Humvee Pioneer Tool Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Humvee Pioneer Tool Kit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
Ratrod
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Humvee Pioneer Tool Kit

Has anyone purchased one of these and where did you mount it?

Unread 10-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
M35A2
1995 XJ Cherokee 

The original pioneer kit for the HMMWV mounts under the truck with some tabs and rubber hood latch type goodies. It might be easier to use the pioneer tool rack from a regular M series truck. They are flat and can be mounted anywhere, I think that's what is used when the tools are relocated to the hood.
Unread 10-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Soldier905
1988 MJ Comanche 

Could mount it on the rear hatch or use the opposite side of the spare tire location in cargo area . I have a pioneer rack on my M35a2 and its nothing fancy , just some tool holders with canvas straps holding it down . You could probley get something better in the aftermarket or modify one with latches/hasps to make them more secure.
Soldier905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
M35A2
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Two examples of tool kits....

The HMMWV is under the truck, it's not flat on the back side, so mounting it would be a PITA. The one on the truck is just thin 1 1/8 angle. It's flat on the bottom and sides so it can be mounted anywhere. The HMMWV one is cool, has a carry handle, but the M series one would most likely be a better fit.
legacy-pioneer-tools-mounted-4.jpg

deuce-017-small-.jpg

Unread 10-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
Ratrod
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you, I decided it was to much of a hassle and I am looking at the max axe now, cool kit but spendy.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.