Hugger Orange 88 XJ Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Hugger Orange 88 XJ Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
Miller_TimeII
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hugger Orange 88 XJ Build

I wish I had have done this for my yj, To start its not orange yet, just tracking some progress and hoping to get some help along the way. Picked it up for $800, came with 31's, cb, tow pack, sunroof, 3.5" rough country I am assuming. I was a little late on pics already got started on the tear down.

Initial tear down.

removed the sunroof, water was coming in through the roof racks and I want to seal the s**t out of it.

Started to take the front fenders to patch up what I thought was a couple little paint bubbles and found a cess pool of 23 years of dirt, salt and water.

And it looks worse without the plastic liner in the wheel well.

All rust and bad metal cut out and new ones patched in

Since i will be moving up to 33's I cut out basically to the top of the bends in the original body panel, raising the flairs about 2"

And then tried a mock up fit, found out that theres still some more trimming for the from and then planning on cutting and folding the back

And while I was rummaging around cleaning out the interior I ran across this

All I have read says that they only had lsd's in the d44's from 87-89 I haven"t checked the rear diff yet but i hope so

Going to clean up the other side and then sand down and start the paint.

Miller_TimeII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

you know thats an Xj and this is the Zj forum right?

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.