I wish I had have done this for my yj, To start its not orange yet, just tracking some progress and hoping to get some help along the way. Picked it up for $800, came with 31's, cb, tow pack, sunroof, 3.5" rough country I am assuming. I was a little late on pics already got started on the tear down.
Initial tear down.
removed the sunroof, water was coming in through the roof racks and I want to seal the s**t out of it.
Started to take the front fenders to patch up what I thought was a couple little paint bubbles and found a cess pool of 23 years of dirt, salt and water.
And it looks worse without the plastic liner in the wheel well.
All rust and bad metal cut out and new ones patched in
Since i will be moving up to 33's I cut out basically to the top of the bends in the original body panel, raising the flairs about 2"
And then tried a mock up fit, found out that theres still some more trimming for the from and then planning on cutting and folding the back
And while I was rummaging around cleaning out the interior I ran across this
All I have read says that they only had lsd's in the d44's from 87-89 I haven"t checked the rear diff yet but
i hope so
Going to clean up the other side and then sand down and start the paint.