How should I convince my parents to let me go doorless? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > How should I convince my parents to let me go doorless?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 08-15-2008, 01:04 AM   #46
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleStorm View Post
He's 17 he needs door's and a hard top with a roll bar at 17 your superman so you think. First it's no doors then you wont need your seatbelt just to go to the quicky mart untill someone cuts you off then you jerk the wheel to miss him and bam there go's your jeep and your on your *** in the road oh yea look behind you there's a BIG TRUCK I am with your dad NO

My friend wrapped her dad's durango around a tree.

I've learned from others not to be an idiot.

I value my life more than anything.

You can't wheel when you're dead!

srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2008, 02:11 AM   #47
littleblackXj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
No doors is ok here in CA as long as you have side mirrors.
It's true. I talked with the PoPo yestarday and he said that the only thing a cop can pull you over for is having an "un-safe" vehicle and if that is the case you have 60 days to make it safe. He said if you had a 5 pt. harness then they shouldn't have a problem with it.
30/44 4.88s Disks all around
Rear Detroit/Open front
littleblackXj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2008, 03:35 AM   #48
eliassami5
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJLI View Post
this thread brings the lawls.
Is there anything else you would like to add sir?...you have bee very helpfull in this discussion. Would you care for a fresh baked cookie?
eliassami5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #49
SpoiledRotten
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Almost guaranteed to work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsXJ View Post
unintended pun?
Yeah, I thought about it while I was typing....

Anyway, back to the OP... What about getting your dad INVOLVED in the project. Make it a father and son thing... Chances are good that if you get him or your mom to "enjoy" the jeep, they will probably loosen up.

My Dad is 76 and my mom is 75 and they will climb into my doorless, topless, slightly raised Jeep in a heartbeat, and have fun while I take them on rides through the streets and on some trails. Just might work... Give it a try... You have to use creative stradegy.
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #50
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliassami5 View Post
Is there anything else you would like to add sir?...you have bee very helpfull in this discussion. Would you care for a fresh baked cookie?
Actually, I did a couple posts back. Now give me my cookie.

BTW I run all 4 doorless all the time w/o mirrors and Johnny Law doesnt give a hoot.

As for your parents, IMHO, listen to them. Eventually theyll just think youre ****ing crazy and wont care what you do to your jeep.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #51
99XJburton
1999 XJ Cherokee 

^exactly thats where im at. told my mom i was taking my doors off she just rolled her eyes and kept it moving
Unread 08-15-2008, 11:20 AM   #52
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks xjli, I agree.

My dad was mad at first that I wanted to sell my perfect goodyear rt/s tires for worn muds, but he got over it.

Along with the muffler, teeth, lift, and other stuff.

SpoiledRotten- I've been successful with that. My dad trimmed my bumper caps for me, as well as helped pull the gas tank skid, coils, and hitch from pick n pull. He has also learned how to drop an axle and remove coils with out a spring compressor. (We both have rather.)

Thanks to everyone, I think it'll just be a matter of time. But Ima say first things first, some 31 inch meats.
Unread 08-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #53
madrabbitt

Yes. Go for the tires. Those are a functional present.

You could always have your friends "steal" your doors at a later date.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #54
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrabbitt View Post

You could always have your friends "steal" your doors at a later date.
I usually go with "They flew off when I hit 100"

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #55
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hahaha.

Will do.
Unread 08-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #56
greenxj513
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2door View Post
I like wheelin with my 5 speed. Its not hard, I dont have to even touch the clutch that often. Sometimes you have to ride it a little, but thats just a sacrafice I make for wheeling.
Yea my dads cj 7 is standard and i love wheeling with it, but when it comes to crawlin over ****....i hate having to do tht little bit of ridin on the clutch.
greenxj513 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #57
eliassami5
1991 XJ Cherokee 

i'd love to go doorless since its so damn hot right now..but i think it'd look goofy with a stock cherokee ha. Ive earned more than enough trust with my parents and they honestly dont care what i do to my jeep..but then again ive paid for the jeep myself and im 18 lol.
eliassami5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #58
littleblackXj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I honestly don't understand why so many people want to go doorless with their cherokee's. It's just not practical. You can't have anything of value in your jeep, you have to be careful where you park because some kids might piss in your car, and you are at the mercy of nature as far as temperature wise. Driving at night is miserable without doors. Even with a thick jacket and pants it is so windy you still get cold.
30/44 4.88s Disks all around
Rear Detroit/Open front
littleblackXj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #59
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblackXj View Post
Doorless isn't that great. I hate not being able to keep anything in my jeep and not being able to park my vehicle just anywhere. . O and you loose two front speakers, unless you spend $170 and get kicker panel box which will likely get ripped off. Honestly, it's not worth it.
first part is so true, one day i had gone to the gas station bought a five doolar can of skoal, tossed it in the passenger seat get home, reach for the can and it aint there, my dumb *** got used to the door being there and it just flew right out the gap. it also atracts more attention from the cops, but im a safe driver so i dont worry. as for the speakers, you can jsut run them under your seats.
jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #60
peejsdrawkcab
1999 XJ Cherokee 

WHy is this thread still going??????? Do the functional mod. Tires. If you do the doors correctly, you and pop them on and off in about a minute apiece....whats the big deal? As far as the trany swap...dont be a tard! That is a silly with nothing gained, you should have bought a 5 speed in the first place.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.