Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

how much lift do you think i have?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  flux0r 
#1 ·
So, as the title says... How much lift do you think i have, specifically on the rear? The front would be nice too...

I measured the front, and have 23". The rear, I haven't measured. Can't find a tape when you need one.

I have TJ "4"" springs on the front. Looks more like 2-3(I have a 6). There front springs came out a i4 Tj, so they may be a bit weak.... I have a serious rake right now. Then I did the S10 bastard pack on the rear. looks like 6-7... I'll measure the rear when I find a tape measure.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd say 3.5 front

6.5+++ rear

When you did the BP did you use the overload?! Looks like you did! Take it out and maybe swap out another s-10 leaf with an old xj leaf. That's what I did. Settled now around 4" in the rear w/o any shackles

#4 ·
Where are you measuring 23"? Factory stance from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flare is 17.5" front and 17" rear.
Find a tape measure.

#5 ·
Where are you measuring 23"? Factory stance from elsecenter of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flare is 17.5" front and 17" rear.
Find a tape measure.
That's exactly where I measured from. Maybe its time for a new tape measure, or lessons on how to use it!

I did use the overload from the s10 springs. Figured you were supposed to. I have seen lots of other BP's with it. I also used Superior Automotive shackles, p/n 13-4100.

My rear leaf springs actually had a negative arch. They were done, man.

Now. With that said, what would i need for a 6.5 inch lift?
Adjustable trackbar
LCA's
Sye
Rear /front drive shaft
Shocks
New front/rear brake lines
33-35 inch tires with a 3-4 inch wheel back spacing?
Pitman arm?

Anything else, aside from the balls to drive something lifted that high?

#8 ·
For 6.5", adjustable control arms, brake lines, shocks, coils, SYE, Driveshaft, adj. double shear trac bar, steering alignment, sway bar links, axle shims. Its costly, ask me how I know! Or look at my build thread to see what I did. I suggest just taking some leafs and the overload out until you are ready to go to 6.5"

#9 ·
So... I found my tape measure. They always seem to get lost.

Stock, its supposed to ride 6.5 on the front, and 6 on the rear.
TJ springs, I have 9.5 in the front, and 14 in the rear with the bastard pack and the 13-4100 superior automotive shackles in the rear that were supposed to only give me 1 inch of lift.

So... That's 3.5 in the front, and 8 in the rear. The rear sits at 28 inches of bumper height, which would probably go down a bit with the front coming up.

Maryland has a 20 inch bumper law.... That I don't know how strictly is enforced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.