How much do you have in it? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > How much do you have in it?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #16
Bedozx6r
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I bought the jeep for 600. Then spent 1000 in tires another 300 in wheels and another 1000 in lift. Just ordered an sye and driveshaft. Theres another 500 and getting ready to do 4.56 gears. Theres another 500. So so far about 3300 just in modification. Still want to long arm it and put front and rear bumpers on her. Oh and 100 bucks for the herculiner and the weld prevention spray. But like everyone else i am never going to sell her. She is my DD and weekend warrior hunting rig.

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Bedozx6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #17
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
I need some reassurance that Im not crazy here.

In the last 5 years, I have over 10,000 dollars in parts reciepts. "Book value" is like, 3500 dollars........I am about to dump another 3000 in upgrades and general maintenance: Lockers, gears, new rims, tint and cowl hood.

I know that "book value" is a crock of doo-doo, but it is what most people try to jam up your butt when you are selling a vehicle, no matter how nice your rig is. mine is mechanically perfect, best of everything, and way better than stock, but looks like crapola.

I used to laugh at ricers/tuners that would put 10,000 dollars into a 1500 dollar economy car and it would be worth less than "book' after the "upgrades"........but am I now beginning to feel thier pain?

Tell me, honestly. Am I nuts, or am I doing the right thing? If this were a wrangler, I might get a better return on my investment. But I love this thing too much and I am too far into it to stop.

HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE INTO YOUR CHEROKEE, AND DO YOU FEEL IT WAS WORTH THE INVESTMENT?
How on earth do you have $10k in a Jeep with 31's and you haven't even done gears/lockers/etc??

I'm afraid to think of what I put in this thing. Bought it for $5k 3 years ago with a 3" lift and 32's. Since then I've had another full set of 32's, 4.5" lift, geared/locked both axles, bumpers/winch, armored it, bought a full set of 35's and different wheels, upgrade to longarms, broke both ring gears and had to regear completely, put shafts in both axles, and numerous other mods all over the Jeep.

I'd say I have easily $10k in parts. Just looking at prices of stuff I've bought in the last year: Poly 3-link= $1k, RCV's= $800, ARB=$800, 5 35" tires=$1k, regeared both axles=$2k

My bank account=
Unread 04-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #18
cbenez1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I was thinking the same thing ??? Where did you put all that cash ??? Mine isn't as pretty as alot of the others but I've done an 8.8 swap, 5.5 lift, a clutch, had the D30 regeared, ORF frt bumper, sound system, roof rack, injectors, exhaust and alot of other little things and I've had mine 10 years. I might be slightly over $5k with the purchase price of $2000.
cbenez1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.