How loud should the AC compressor be? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > How loud should the AC compressor be?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 08-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
DerMeister
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How loud should the AC compressor be?

Hey guys, I recently got a new AC compressor and a new accumulator. Then it was vacuumed and charged, as well as oiled.

Now the clutch engages, and the compressor seems to cycle properly, however it is somewhat loud when accelerating at lower speeds.

Its basically just a whirring noise. Hasn't gotten worse, or better over 2 months.

Is this normal?

DerMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
DerMeister
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone?
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Any moisture contamination in there? I am not an expert, but I would take it back to where they did the work, unless you did the work. Then I would take it back to you and demand an explanation.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
DerMeister
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I did the work minus the vacuum, oiling and refridgerant. I just dont remember it sounding so loud. How would i verify water contamination?
Unread 08-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I am not sure, I know AC shops should be able to check. Not a HVAC guy here, but run it by a shop and ask their opinion. Hell, they may check it for free.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
DerMeister
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you for your help though, I appreciate it. I'll probably post this over at NAXJA and see if I get any bites. If it is deemed a problem or I get no responses ill be headed to a shop.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.