How I Got (4) New Bilsteins For $140 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > How I Got (4) New Bilsteins For $140

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 03-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
TexasXJ97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

How I Got (4) New Bilsteins For $140

So I bought these ProComp ES9000 shocks thinking that they would work fine for my DD. I was wrong. The ride is terrible. They're valued way too heavy. All around, I hate them.

So I got to thinking: 4 Wheel Parts has always been good to me, as I know they have been to many of you on this forum.

I contacted them and gave them the situation: I was suggested these shocks and they turned out to be terrible. Turns out to my surprise that the ProComp line offers a ride quality guarantee.

They told me all I have to do is bring the old ones back in and they'd give me a full refund and credit the purchase of some new ones. Awesome customer service.

So I also noticed that 4wheelparts.com offers an online price match guarantee. Did a little searching and found the Bilstein 5100s for $75 each on mudflaps.com with free shipping. 4WP honored it..

So $300 for the new ones - $160 paid for the old ES9000s = $140 for a brand new set of Bilstein 5100s.

Thought all of you remorseful ProComp buyers might want to know.

TexasXJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I followed the math and you still paid $300 for the shocks, you just had to install them twice.
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #3
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I followed the math and you still paid $300 for the shocks, you just had to install them twice.
Yup I don't see the win here, but enjoy the bilsteins lol
toberste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
Kraxen
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What I got out of it is he got a full refund and credit for a new set. So he got his $160 back and then they credited him $160 towards new shocks. So all he had to do is pay the difference.
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxen View Post
What I got out of it is he got a full refund and credit for a new set. So he got his $160 back and then they credited him $160 towards new shocks. So all he had to do is pay the difference.
If that's true than that's Bada**!
toberste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #6
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Was thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #7
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxen View Post
No, no way 4WP would refund AND credit. What they did is allow him to use the refund to buy another shock from them.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #8
TexasXJ97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxen
Right. I'm already out the $160 I paid a while back for the ProComps. They had some miles on them.

I hated the ride so I was looking for upgrade options. Pulled the strings above and netted a new set for only $140 out of pocket.

Much better than being out the full $300 plus I was planning to spend.
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #9
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasXJ97 View Post
Right. I'm already out the $160 I paid a while back for the ProComps. They had some miles on them.

I hated the ride so I was looking for upgrade options. Pulled the strings above and netted a new set for only $140 out of pocket.

So, you paid $300 for 4 Bilstiens. Since you no longer have the Pro Comps, the price you paid for those is now attributed to the Bilstiens.

Quote:
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #10
Kraxen
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasXJ97 View Post

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt with the way you worded your first post but you did end up paying $300 for them. Just in two payments
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #11
TexasXJ97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

LOL alright guys. I get what you're saying.

Lets redirect this to the "I bought ProComps and I hate them and now I am out this money I paid for them and I want Bilsteins but dang they're expensive I wish I had a better solution.." crowd.

Happy?
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #12
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

That's all you had to say. "Don't waste your money on Pro comp shocks, kids. Bilstein is worth the money." And saved us the story. We would have believed you.
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #13
TexasXJ97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

LOL alright.

To the person out there that is / was in my same situation: I'm glad I could help.

For all you vets: I get it. You told me so. Can't wait to mount up the Bilsteins.
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #14
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Post some pics and give us a comparison when you put some miles on them. What springs are you running?
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #15
TexasXJ97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
Post some pics and give us a comparison when you put some miles on them. What springs are you running?
Will do.

BDS HD 2" coils in the front. Quadratec / Crown HD leafs in the back with a 2 inch shackle. 3" net all around.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.