How do I keep my dogs from peeing on my tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > How do I keep my dogs from peeing on my tires?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
rising_jeeper
1999 XJ Cherokee 

How do I keep my dogs from peeing on my tires?

I have two dogs that are driving me nuts with this... EVERY time I come back from anywhere. As soon as I'm pulling in the property they're already chasing and sniffing the tires till I park. I can shoo them away but as soon as I'm gone they go back at it and do their business. I don't believe in hitting dogs so if anyone has any ideas, tips or tricks I'd appreciate it... I hope I resolve this issue before getting new wheels and tires!

rising_jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
semperfi96
1988 YJ Wrangler 

uhm if you find an answer let me know! My jack *** nieghbor keeps letting his dogs run loose, next to shooting them, which has crossed my mind, a couple of times, but the animal activist would eat me alive around here, or the owner, which well, we know what happens then,

I cant get him to help at all.
semperfi96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
BrianBFD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It doesn't work on all dogs, but drop a couple of mothballs by each tire when you park.

If fishing is a sport, does that make me an athlete?
BrianBFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
rising_jeeper
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hell... Moth balls are worth a shot.
From Yahoo! Answers...

Jalepeno juice. Get a small paint brush. Buy jalepeno's. Use the juice to wipe small amounts on all 4 tires. Watch and be amazed. And jalapeno juice is not the only thing that works. You may even find a new "smell" that repels dogs and their..............(thoughts) about your tires.
This sounds interesting... also worth a shot.

Try the squirt bottle technique. Fill a bottle with plain water, and spray him on the back when he does something , like try to pee on your tire. Most dogs hate this, and you will only need to do this once or twice, before showing the bottle is enough to deter him from urinating on the tires, or whatever naughty thing he was about to do.
Eh... I don't know. With this Texas heat they might appreciate that water on their backs
Unread 07-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

If you can, shoot them...if not jump out of your Jeep and kick the dog in the face and let him know it's your property...not his.
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
semperfi96
1988 YJ Wrangler 

kinda hard when I live in apts, and 1 of the other ppl in my building works at the humain Dpt. So its actually the parking lot, There is a leash law in town, but poorly enforced. Ill get my revenge I assure you lol
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
4ll4boutda4play
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Look for a wonderful substance referred to as Clove oil.. Shine your tires with it and grab a cold beer and enjoy. The dog/s will sniff/lick/press their ever intrusive snout into it and that will be about the last time they will do it. Or mix in spray bottle and give em a nice little shot to the nose/mouth
1997 Cherokee Sport, Rustys Intake with velocity stack and larger cone filter, Flowmaster 40 series, Junkyard Lift 3.5", Zone Nitro Shocks, Trimed fenders, 35x14.5x15 TSL Thornbirds (Looks HUGE) ... trail damage :) Future holds Aftermarket bumpers front and rear, exo cage, lockers/gears
4ll4boutda4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #8
4ll4boutda4play
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Safety Issues
Website Simple Steps published an article on the safety of plant-based products used to repel fleas. According to the site, dogs and cats have much more intense reactions to the products than humans. The article says that clove oil can cause salivation, vomiting, seizures, muscle tremors and even death in a few cases. That's definitely not what you want when you use a natural product on your pet, and thus, it is a risk you should know about. The Green Spotlight lists clove oil as an alternative and "green" product to use to prevent fleas, but cautions that pets may lick it off their fur.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/22...#ixzz1TF2mCXd1

Direct expected effect and its funnier than ****!
1997 Cherokee Sport, Rustys Intake with velocity stack and larger cone filter, Flowmaster 40 series, Junkyard Lift 3.5", Zone Nitro Shocks, Trimed fenders, 35x14.5x15 TSL Thornbirds (Looks HUGE) ... trail damage :) Future holds Aftermarket bumpers front and rear, exo cage, lockers/gears
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #9
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Pee on the dog. Do it once, you should be good.
YelloJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #10
Kraxen
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When i was younger i always had this dog that tried to attack me as i rode my bike by so i took a squirt gun with ammonia in it and sprayed him in the face with it. He never bothered me again lol
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #11
semperfi96
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
HAHAHAHAHA THIS IS GOING IN MY SIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks lol
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
semperfi96
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ll4boutda4play View Post
safety issues
website simple steps published an article on the safety of plant-based products used to repel fleas. According to the site, dogs and cats have much more intense reactions to the products than humans. The article says that clove oil can cause salivation, vomiting, seizures, muscle tremors and even death in a few cases. That's definitely not what you want when you use a natural product on your pet, and thus, it is a risk you should know about. The green spotlight lists clove oil as an alternative and "green" product to use to prevent fleas, but cautions that pets may lick it off their fur.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/22...#ixzz1tf2mcxd1

direct expected effect and its funnier than ****!
wow
Unread 07-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #13
rising_jeeper
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I do that all the time when drunk
Unread 07-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #14
4ll4boutda4play
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Mind you thats with a significant dose.. second hand exposure such as lathering a tire with it ect wont result in death only lots of licking and chomping and sneezing. Or maybe thats their version of a seizure lol
Unread 07-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #15
BrianBFD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rising_jeeper View Post
Hell... Moth balls are worth a shot.
From Yahoo! Answers...

Jalepeno juice. Get a small paint brush. Buy jalepeno's. Use the juice to wipe small amounts on all 4 tires. Watch and be amazed. And jalapeno juice is not the only thing that works. You may even find a new "smell" that repels dogs and their..............(thoughts) about your tires.
This sounds interesting... also worth a shot.

Try the squirt bottle technique. Fill a bottle with plain water, and spray him on the back when he does something , like try to pee on your tire. Most dogs hate this, and you will only need to do this once or twice, before showing the bottle is enough to deter him from urinating on the tires, or whatever naughty thing he was about to do.
Eh... I don't know. With this Texas heat they might appreciate that water on their backs

This made me think of something my former neighbor did years ago. He bought a large container of cayenne pepper in powder form. He put a couple of tablespoons on the lip of the tire rim and let the rest fall down around the base of the tire. The dogs had temporary reactions of snotty noses, watering eyes, and snorting and blowing tryig to get the powder out of their noses and lost interest in peeing anywhere, let alone on the tires. I think it took only a couple of applications.

If fishing is a sport, does that make me an athlete?
BrianBFD is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.