High School XJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > High School XJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-07-2014, 12:40 AM   #46
shooptube
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
No, but that's getting bookmarked.
Im pretty sure I am actually going to but the LED lightbar one. Jds12 was PMing me yesterday all about his lightbar and its $75 on amazon. He uses the LED switch.

Unread 08-07-2014, 05:06 AM   #47
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I thought you were wheeling it?
Unread 08-07-2014, 06:13 AM   #48
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooptube View Post
Had some free time today so I added a nice extended idle mod. It was extremely simple and only took about 15 minutes to do.

First I found Pin A-12 on the Black (Frontmost) PCM connector.

Then found a good location to tap into the wire.

Then ran a wire from the splice location through the firewall under the dash. Also tucking everything nicely back into the plastic harness cover.

Finally mounted a small toggle switch under the dash.

All in all, I think it came out pretty good.
What exactly does that do?
XJkid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #49
shooptube
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I thought you were wheeling it?
Nothing super hardcore. Im still in highschool. I dont exactly have a large amount of cash or time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01 View Post
What exactly does that do?
Basically sets the idle from 750 rpm to 1000 thus increasing the output of the alternator withotu needing your foot on the gas. Police package XJs had this feature so that their batteries didn't die due to all of the equipment they had.
Unread 08-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #50
shooptube
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Nothing exciting happening today so I "washed" my XJ.. More interesting things to come mid-week.

Unread 08-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #51
shooptube
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Overhead Console, painting

Went to the junk yard today and scored a overhead console and mounting bracket out of a grand caravan for $10! I already got a trip/ mileage display out of my dad's overhead because his is a 96 and there are no wires to connect it.

After that I got bored a painted my knee bolster black. Ill probably paint more of my interior later on with the same color.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.