high milage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > high milage

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
montefreak
2010 JK Wrangler 

high milage

I have found a 93 xj for sale locally that I am interested in.

http://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/3748707207.html

After contacting the owner he said it has 260,xxx miles but that it runs well. I don't have a problem with a rebuild down the road a ways but need something to drive everyday for the short term. Should I be scared of this mileage?

montefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Steelo805
1996 XJ Cherokee 

For that price I'd take it
Steelo805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
buildin1XJ
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I would have to agree if it runs pretty well and has no shifting problems It sounds like a pretty good deal. Check the air box and air hose for signs if oil which would indicate a possible engine blow by issue. But for that price if you are in need of cheap transportation buy it and do some basic fluid changes, as well as a good coolant system flush if it appears to need it.
buildin1XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.