Hi lift jack bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Hi lift jack bumper

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 04-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
blkjxj01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hi lift jack bumper

Does anyone know of a rear bumper for a 01 XJ with a hi lift jack mounting system on it, without the rear tire carrier.

blkjxj01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
haloperformance
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I do not know of any, but with the rear hatch, i would think your mounting options are going to be limited. With the rear hatch going completely side to side you would have to opt for a horizontal mount. In that case, really any standard bumper could probably be adapted to do exactly what you want. Anything 1/8"+ would probably be able to carry a hilift on the bumper.
1991 XJ: 35"s, 4:56s 5.5"LA lift, stretched, locked, skids, caged, high steer, spray paint. I think it was stock at one point.
<-1978 CJ5 parts - click on my classified
haloperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjxj01 View Post
Does anyone know of a rear bumper for a 01 XJ with a hi lift jack mounting system on it, without the rear tire carrier.
nates4x4.com, C4x4 (sold on jeepinoutfitters.com), jcroffroad.com and many other companies offer a hi-lift jack mounting option.

Hi-Lift also offers a univeral mounting system that you simply drill 8 mounting holes in whatever flat surface you want to mount your jack on, and then bolt the mounts.

Keep in mind, Hi-Lift does not recommend mounting the jack outside the vehicle due to the increased abuse from mother nature.
00XJMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
blkjxj01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the info.
blkjxj01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjxj01 View Post
Thanks for the info.
No prob. Another alternative is to drill holes, slide in bolts and weld them to the bumper. Just drill a hole through the bolt big enough to fit a pad lock.
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Common interior location to mount a 48" hi lift is the back of the rear seat - easy to reach from the back, unlikely to become an airborne skull basher in the event of a roll over/crash etc.

Found in the search box of this forum
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00XJMikey View Post
No prob. Another alternative is to drill holes, slide in bolts and weld them to the bumper. Just drill a hole through the bolt big enough to fit a pad lock.
I've seen a few mods like this.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/l...26/?highlight=
Unread 05-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I lov near free fixes to problems.

Tags
2001 , bumper , cherokee , jeep , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.