Hi lift jack bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Hi lift jack bumper

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% off

Unread 04-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
blkjxj01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hi lift jack bumper

Does anyone know of a rear bumper for a 01 XJ with a hi lift jack mounting system on it, without the rear tire carrier.

blkjxj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
haloperformance
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I do not know of any, but with the rear hatch, i would think your mounting options are going to be limited. With the rear hatch going completely side to side you would have to opt for a horizontal mount. In that case, really any standard bumper could probably be adapted to do exactly what you want. Anything 1/8"+ would probably be able to carry a hilift on the bumper.
1991 XJ: 35"s, 4:56s 5.5"LA lift, stretched, locked, skids, caged, high steer, spray paint. I think it was stock at one point.
<-1978 CJ5 parts - click on my classified
haloperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjxj01 View Post
Does anyone know of a rear bumper for a 01 XJ with a hi lift jack mounting system on it, without the rear tire carrier.
nates4x4.com, C4x4 (sold on jeepinoutfitters.com), jcroffroad.com and many other companies offer a hi-lift jack mounting option.

Hi-Lift also offers a univeral mounting system that you simply drill 8 mounting holes in whatever flat surface you want to mount your jack on, and then bolt the mounts.

Keep in mind, Hi-Lift does not recommend mounting the jack outside the vehicle due to the increased abuse from mother nature.
00XJMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
blkjxj01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the info.
blkjxj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjxj01 View Post
Thanks for the info.
No prob. Another alternative is to drill holes, slide in bolts and weld them to the bumper. Just drill a hole through the bolt big enough to fit a pad lock.
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Common interior location to mount a 48" hi lift is the back of the rear seat - easy to reach from the back, unlikely to become an airborne skull basher in the event of a roll over/crash etc.

Found in the search box of this forum
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00XJMikey View Post
No prob. Another alternative is to drill holes, slide in bolts and weld them to the bumper. Just drill a hole through the bolt big enough to fit a pad lock.
I've seen a few mods like this.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/l...26/?highlight=
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I lov near free fixes to problems.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.