Help with XJ selling price - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Help with XJ selling price

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
B3hale

Help with XJ selling price

It's time to sell my one owner, 2000 Cherokee SE, 128k miles and I need help with pricing it right. It's 2 door/RWD, automatic, good ties, as per Kelley's Blue Book I would place it in fair condition. KBB prices it at $2700.00. Mechanically, it's in great condition. Cosmetically it has a minor body dent, rear bumper dent, small scratches, and some surface rust on the roof. I just want to get what is fair, but there are so many scammers and lowballers, I need help arriving at a price and staying firm on it! Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

B3hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
wizardPC
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Pricing on these is very, very geographically specific. $2700 sounds about right for what you would get here in my neck of the woods, but im a couple of thousand miles away from you. Could be more for you, could be less.

Get on craigslist and see what they're going for and you'll get a much better idea than asking folks here. You'll get guys in New England telling you it's only worth $800 because their values are depressed (they're all rusted to hell up there) fighting with guys in Nevada telling you it's worth $3800 because TWO DOOR!!!
Unread 06-30-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

just like wizzard said, it really depends on the area you live. ive seen jeeps sell in cali for 5-6k that people in Texas wouldnt even touch for more then 3k.

being a 2wd tho its gonna be worth a little less then a 4wd with the same specs. 2200-3000k would be in ball park.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
Dezman121

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Don't bring it to Australia!
Gee it's a tough market for Jeeps here, I paid top dollar for my 99 sport with only 50k on the clock.
But already spent my $3500 again on parts for my girl!
Not that she needed a lot of work it's just I wanted her like new and hope to clock up a lot of miles.
Dezman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #5
B3hale

Selling price is locally determined

You are so right about price being determined by where the car is sold and THAT is what makes it a difficult task. I had looked at FOR SALE ads in several sources, however, what people list cars for isn't necessarily what they sell for. Additionally, each car is unique in it's condition and buyers are unique in their preferences. The most helpful resources have been: eBay advanced search tool which allows users to search sold items and final selling price. Secondly, I had a chance to view the Carfax report on my car and it has a section that said my car is worth $250 more than the value listed on a site like KBB or Edmunds. Those things together helped me put a value on the car, but the lowballers really had me in doubt. I had put a listing for the car on eBay and in less than 24 hours I had someone offering my asking price of $3100 for it. The deal isn't done, but the nationwide exposure of eBay is what got me this buyer. I appreciate the input from you guys, thanks!
B3hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #6
wizardPC
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Glad it worked out for you

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.