Help preserve the Cherokee name from being tarnished! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Help preserve the Cherokee name from being tarnished!

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 02-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
92XJWheeler

Alright, so since this morning when i saw Jeep had announced the next car model to adorn the Jeep badge i was flabbergasted when i saw it also will carry the Cherokee name. So, to try and get Jeep to undo the bad, i started a Facebook page to get a stir going on.

I don't want people thinking i drive that when i say i have a Cherokee. And i don't want weird looks when i'm searching for parts for my XJ Cherokee. It will haunt us for YEARS... YEARS... YEARS...

I know, better uses for my time. But i feel this is worth fighting for, the Jeep Cherokee XJ is too special to be associated with this thing.

Help stop the madness! Like, comment, and SHARE!

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Petition...430280833&_rdr

Last edited by 92XJWheeler; 02-23-2013 at 12:34 AM..
92XJWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
Emoto
2002 KJ Liberty 

Unread 02-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

They've already said they're changing it to something other than Liberty or Cherokee.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #4
Emoto
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
They've already said they're changing it to something other than Liberty or Cherokee.
You don't happen to have a link, do you?
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
JoBo

I hope this does not offend anyone but at my age I tend to say what I think and let the chips fall where they may
Is there a "oldest fart" catagory here

I have owned a total of 4 XJ's and love my current pristine 2000 Classic
I also own a 2006 Liberty Limited CRD I bought new only because (1) it had a diesel engine and (2) it was Atlantic Blue that happens to be my favorite color by any name.
When I find my next car, truck maybe, the KJ will be going and the XJ will still have a warm garage.

That "new 2014" is just plain UGLY Another copy of a slit eyed socker mom's mall hopper
If I wanted that look I would get a more reliable Nissan or Subaru then another jeep. I just had the lower rear control arm recall preformed.

In their day both the XJ and KJ were considered "chick cars" and that was fine with me
But like most things lately "chick's" taste in cars has gone down, way down

JoBo
2000 Cherokee Classic with factory 16" wheels
JoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
Wallower
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Too many Cherokee have been wiped out in the name of change and progress already, stand firm!
Wallower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
ghosttown
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thank god someone feels the same way, why they would make a disgusting Cherokee to rebrand it is beyond me, its too late to stop them I think but even from a design standpoint wtf... Even if it wasn't a Cherokee its hideous. I want to write something to jeep but they don't give a sh.. passes a focus group send it into production.
ghosttown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

it looks more like the compass
4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
Emoto
2002 KJ Liberty 

Wasn't the Liberty called the Cherokee in everyplace except the US, since 2001? So, hasn't the Cherokee name already been diluted for 12 years?
Unread 02-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
ghosttown
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah the liberty was named Cherokee everywhere else, I personally don't think that any iteration of liberty was quite like this ford edge competitor street crossover though. Maybe its just me, but the liberty never tarnished it in my opinion.
ghosttown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

That is not something I would be proud to own.

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #12
Tooldog

Choosing Battles

Seriously. I appreciate, and in fact applaud, your enthusiasm for the Cherokee name. But spend your energy on preserving the off-road heritage of whatever they make. Get outright indignant about interior materials, paint choices, stock wheels, fit and finish, but don't hack on them for trying to have a model that sells.

At the moment they have a magic combination in the Wrangler in spite of themselves. A good thing for those of us who hope they continue to make them. We want Jeep to have models with good popularity in the world market and not just the U.S. Even if we are the largest market, the premium market, the bread and butter market, we aren't the only market.

....But still, I'm on your side even if I don't agree with where you are putting your energy.

-Tool
Tooldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooldog View Post
Seriously. I appreciate, and in fact applaud, your enthusiasm for the Cherokee name. But spend your energy on preserving the off-road heritage of whatever they make. Get outright indignant about interior materials, paint choices, stock wheels, fit and finish, but don't hack on them for trying to have a model that sells.

At the moment they have a magic combination in the Wrangler in spite of themselves. A good thing for those of us who hope they continue to make them. We want Jeep to have models with good popularity in the world market and not just the U.S. Even if we are the largest market, the premium market, the bread and butter market, we aren't the only market.

....But still, I'm on your side even if I don't agree with where you are putting your energy.

-Tool
i'm still angry the wrangle has 4 doors, i'm spending all my energy to stop this blasphemy

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #14
LostJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I didnt read this no real time you have a cherokee be happy. My dad drove a 73 fj40 I die to still have it but I wouldn't drive a new FJ. Take care of what you got if you dont want the new crap.
LostJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #15
SoK66
1976 CJ5 

That thing looks like a cross between a Kia and a '50s electric razor. WORSE, it's based upon a Fiat car platform and will probably fall apart crossing a gravel parking lot.

Kiss it goodbye, Jeep fans, it's all heading down "Fix It Again Tony's" crapper.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.