Help with my window motors maybe? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Help with my window motors maybe?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Help with my window motors maybe?

The only window I can roll down is driver seat but I can roll down all others in the front and when I'm rolling up or down I press the button and it stops the window so it works but I can't roll down motors maybe? But then it wouldn't work from driver side and it does so I'm lost help me out??

Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Do this -> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/w...-help-1122384/

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #3
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim
Thanks man I will try this in the morning I'm doing some work on it tomorrow
Unread 05-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
Green01XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
x2 my 01 had this issue

"2nd place is just the first loser" - Dale Earnhardt
Green01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
ornery_owl
1999 XJ Cherokee 

If you don't have any spare wire you can just stick a bent paperclip in and short the two wires. That is what I did and it worked perfect. CJ7-Tim's method is a bit more professional looking though.

You could also replace the switch for a hefty price, but honestly who the hell needs to lock their windows.
ornery_owl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #6
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I did what he said today and it worked perfect but I didn't use spake wire just spliced them all together

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.