Help me choose a brake pad. EBC or Hawk or ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Help me choose a brake pad. EBC or Hawk or ?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 08-16-2014, 06:23 AM   #1
Muddeprived

Help me choose a brake pad. EBC or Hawk or ?

My xj stops like a train mainly cuz I run advance's gold pads and cheap rotors. A deer jumped out in front of us a few days ago and I slammed the pedal as hard as I could and it came to a slow stop. I was like "What the......?". Upon inspecting the brakes I noticed holes in the rotors. Yup, pads ate right through it. Right then and there I decided to get new brakes.

In the past I ran Hawk brake pads with slotted powerstop rotors on my TJ and damn that setup was sick. I could lock up my 33's instantly and did it quite often cuz it was fun. That's my #1 choice right now but I wanted to consider other pads, like EBC and them. I'm at 4.5" and 265/75/16 guard dogs (very heavy retread) on factory alloy wheels.

What pads you running and with what rotors?

Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.shop.blackmagicbrakes.com...-477-67045.htm

Look them up. You won't find a bad word about them, and they're a JeepForum member (http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/mrblaine)
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
Muddeprived

I would get BM pads but they are way over my budget. I have to fix the brakes, heater core, my tj's rusty fenders, and a few other things so I can't really spend $100+ on pads. Some day though.
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
WhammyXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Raybestos.
_(o))_____(o))--o-))
WhammyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.