Help! Breaks pulling to the right - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Help! Breaks pulling to the right

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Help! Breaks pulling to the right

Just replaced right and left breaks and rotors bled them and when I break it is pulling to the right?

Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
youngjeepguy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Did you clean both rotors with brake cleaner? If you did you may need to bleed the left side.
youngjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngjeepguy
Did you clean both rotors with brake cleaner? If you did you may need to bleed the left side.
Did both and just discovered my frount right tire is low on air I'm pumping it up is that it?
Unread 07-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hahaha sorry it was the air in my tire I feel like a retard it took me about and hour or two to figure this out
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #5
youngjeepguy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

glad it was an easy fix, and don't feel to bad its a common problem.
youngjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #6
Flyordie
1985 XJ Cherokee 

heh. Only time mine pulls either way is it depends on which way the road is sloped or which way my steering wheel is turned to.

Used to pull very much to the left though until I rebuilt my passenger side brake caliper. Cheaper than buying a whole new caliper. lol.

I keep my tire pressures a little higher on the right side than my left to counter the slope in the road though.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #7
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie
heh. Only time mine pulls either way is it depends on which way the road is sloped or which way my steering wheel is turned to.

Used to pull very much to the left though until I rebuilt my passenger side brake caliper. Cheaper than buying a whole new caliper. lol.

I keep my tire pressures a little higher on the right side than my left to counter the slope in the road though.
Ha thumbs up
Unread 07-31-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
david92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

glad to hear it was an easy fix, the same thing happened to me, but i found out my caliper was frozen
david92xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.