hello from michigan - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > hello from michigan

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 03-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
flipper117

hello from michigan

Greetings everyone! Time for my first post.
I have been lurking around here reading posts since mid July 2012. I have never owned a Jeep of any type and bought my first one in July. We needed a vehicle that was some what roomy ( we have two teens ), so I got rid of my 1999 S-10 and bought a 1999 Cherokee Sport. It truely is a beautiful vehicle, one owner with only 94,000 miles on it. I wasn't sure at first, then I drove it, I was hooked! There is no rust on her and she runs like a champ. The only modification I have made is different tires and rims. I like the vehicle so much I decided to try another, so I rescued a project vehicle, a 1979 CJ-5. Just picked her Monday and can't wait to get started. I have decided this is going to be a light trail rig, at 42 years old I really don't plan on doing any heavy trail/off roading, those days are over. I say those days are over because I spent so many years beating the hell out of my body between motocross and wheeling that just getting out of bed in the morning sounds like someone playing with a full sheet of bubble wrap.

I will try to get some pictures of both posted tomorrow, but for now I am off to work.

flipper117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome. This isn't the right place for this post. Try here for general introductions: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f65/ Or maybe the local Michigan section: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I moved this thread to the Cherokee non-technical section where you can meet your fellow XJers.
Pics are great for generating discussion and I'm sure you'll find lots of advice here.
Welcome to Jeepforum.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
flipper117

Sorry guys,

I have read so much information on here I don't remember it all, then when I try to go back and look it up I forget where I found it. At 42 the mind isn't quite what it used to be. LOL.

I will try my best to make sure any future posts are in the proper area.

Cheers.
flipper117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.