Headliner questions - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Headliner questions

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #91
PaYankee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie97
Has anyone had any failure using 3m super 77? I used about two cans on mine and it looked really good! Next day it sagged, now about 4 days later its about as bad as it was before. Maybe i didnt put enough glue on? I'm torn between three options A.) poke little holes and spray in the sagging areas b/c the cloth is nice B.) tear it all down again and use three cans C.) Bedliner
Did you let the glue sit and get tacky on both the board and fabric before smoothing the cloth on?

I broke up the fabric into three sections when I did the headliner.

Unread 06-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #92
jeepjunkie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaYankee View Post
Did you let the glue sit and get tacky on both the board and fabric before smoothing the cloth on?

I broke up the fabric into three sections when I did the headliner.
Yes, but i broke it into halves. Next time, if there is one, ill make sure to go heavy, but not soak it
jeepjunkie97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #93
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie97 View Post
Well I'm at the point where I don't want sag... And I highly doubt the Bedliner will sag, could a Home Depot color match Bedliner?
I just did the black herculiner roll on and it looks really good. But then again I have black floor mats so it kinda matches
XJkid01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #94
jeepjunkie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01

I just did the black herculiner roll on and it looks really good. But then again I have black floor mats so it kinda matches
Ahh, I have a med grey so I used a light grey and looks pretty stock
jeepjunkie97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2014, 11:44 PM   #95
KF4SQB
1994 XJ Cherokee 

So has anyone ever tried removing the board altogether, and just using bedliner on the metal? I think it would be awesome to be able to do that, but I'm worried about noise. I know the noise is horrible with nothing, mostly due to how much the metal flexes with no support. I know the bedliner will provide some support, but I don't know if it would be enough or not.

Confidence: The feeling you get just before you fully understand the situation!
KF4SQB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #96
bluejunior
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF4SQB View Post
So has anyone ever tried removing the board altogether, and just using bedliner on the metal? I think it would be awesome to be able to do that, but I'm worried about noise. I know the noise is horrible with nothing, mostly due to how much the metal flexes with no support. I know the bedliner will provide some support, but I don't know if it would be enough or not.
Quite a few do it with trail rigs, but on a daily driver the lack of of sounf and thermal insulation would be rough
Unread 08-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #97
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
It looks super weird too, especially on my 01. The lights would just be hovering a inch from the metal and It'd be weird
Unread 08-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #98
KF4SQB
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Well, I'm a little weird, anyway, so the appearance wouldn't bother me so much. Mainly worried about noise, as this is a DD. I was hoping the bedliner would provide enough "damping" to the metal to keep the noise down. I may just go the bedlined board route, but I'll have to go to the jy to find another board. Mine is in pretty bad shape. The edges where it goes under the trim that holds it up are badly frayed.

Confidence: The feeling you get just before you fully understand the situation!
KF4SQB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #99
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well, I'm a little weird, anyway, so the appearance wouldn't bother me so much. Mainly worried about noise, as this is a DD. I was hoping the bedliner would provide enough "damping" to the metal to keep the noise down. I may just go the bedlined board route, but I'll have to go to the jy to find another board. Mine is in pretty bad shape. The edges where it goes under the trim that holds it up are badly frayed.
I bedlined my board and I have 0 regrets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.