Headliner questions - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Headliner questions

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippiGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 05-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #76
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie97 View Post

Frame stiffener... Doorless... Chevy 350 swap
Idk I really like the straight 6

XJkid01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2014, 05:14 AM   #77
jeepjunkie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01

Idk I really like the straight 6
Frame stiffener... Doorless... Stroker?
jeepjunkie97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2014, 06:36 AM   #78
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Frame stiffener... Doorless... Stroker?
Now we're cooking with oil
Unread 05-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #79
jeepjunkie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01

Now we're cooking with oil
This all honestly has nothing to do with a headliner... But I'd definitely get a 4.7 stroker and put a turbo on
Unread 05-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #80
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

This all honestly has nothing to do with a headliner... But I'd definitely get a 4.7 stroker and put a turbo on
Yeah that would be pretty awesome
Unread 05-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #81
kcoffey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawsonr71 View Post
I didn't notice any noise difference. It's not like our XJ's are the quietest anyway. I did line the roof with some adhesive aluminum flashing I got a Lowes. It is almost the same thing as Dynamat, but at a fraction of the cost.
Here are a few pics. I did my headliner in black because it matches my trim, but for a few extra dollars they can color match.
Looks great may have to think about this when it is time to replace mine. The last owner used a power staple gun to hold the fabric up.
kcoffey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #82
bluejunior
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I will say this, I didn't notice a big noise difference (none of the rest of the cab is sealed yet after all), but adding dynamat behind the board before reinstalling has DEFINITELY made a difference in the thermal insulation of mine. That big square roof was always a heckuva solar panel, and this helped with the summer hot-head a lot.

I know it's still spring, but summer starts early in Texas...
Unread 05-22-2014, 12:44 PM   #83
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post
I will say this, I didn't notice a big noise difference (none of the rest of the cab is sealed yet after all), but adding dynamat behind the board before reinstalling has DEFINITELY made a difference in the thermal insulation of mine. That big square roof was always a heckuva solar panel, and this helped with the summer hot-head a lot.

I know it's still spring, but summer starts early in Texas...
We're rocking 90s in Oklahoma already
Unread 05-22-2014, 05:23 PM   #84
bluejunior
2001 XJ Cherokee 

As long as I'm not alone sweatin my *** off I feel better lol
Unread 05-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #85
Ratrod
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the info on the roll on liner and dynomax. After I roll on the liner I think I will wait a week to reinstall it if the smell is that bad.
Unread 05-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #86
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratrod View Post
Thanks for the info on the roll on liner and dynomax. After I roll on the liner I think I will wait a week to reinstall it if the smell is that bad.
It's not too bad. But if I had the chance to wait a week before installing it I would.

I thought the smell was going away until my cousin got in and asked "why does it smell like cat p***"
Unread 06-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #87
jeepjunkie97

Has anyone had any failure using 3m super 77? I used about two cans on mine and it looked really good! Next day it sagged, now about 4 days later its about as bad as it was before. Maybe i didnt put enough glue on? I'm torn between three options A.) poke little holes and spray in the sagging areas b/c the cloth is nice B.) tear it all down again and use three cans C.) Bedliner
Unread 06-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #88
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Has anyone had any failure using 3m super 77? I used about two cans on mine and it looked really good! Next day it sagged, now about 4 days later its about as bad as it was before. Maybe i didnt put enough glue on? I'm torn between three options A.) poke little holes and spray in the sagging areas b/c the cloth is nice B.) tear it all down again and use three cans C.) Bedliner
My bedliner hasn't given me any trouble. If I had to fix a xj headliner again I'd bedline it.
Unread 06-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #89
XJkid01
2001 XJ Cherokee 

No more smell!
Unread 06-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #90
jeepjunkie97

Well I'm at the point where I don't want sag... And I highly doubt the Bedliner will sag, could a Home Depot color match Bedliner?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.