Headliner questions - Page 5 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 99 Old 05-10-2014, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 689
And 12 hours later I'm almost done. I suck at this stuff...

XJkid01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 99 Old 05-11-2014, 12:07 AM
jeepjunkie97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01
And 12 hours later I'm almost done. I suck at this stuff...
How mechanically incline are you? And on a scale of 1-10 how difficult would you rate it at
jeepjunkie97 is offline  
post #63 of 99 Old 05-11-2014, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie97 View Post

How mechanically incline are you? And on a scale of 1-10 how difficult would you rate it at
I have literally done nothing mechanically. It's probably about 4-5 the hardest part was getting the seat belt bolts off. It takes a size 50 torx socket
XJkid01 is offline  
post #64 of 99 Old 05-12-2014, 08:52 PM
jeepjunkie97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01

I have literally done nothing mechanically. It's probably about 4-5 the hardest part was getting the seat belt bolts off. It takes a size 50 torx socket
Okay that's a big pick me up, I'm pretty crafty with tools and ingenuity but just timid about ruining the board. Glad to hear it wasn't hard, all I need now is come cloth and glue
jeepjunkie97 is offline  
post #65 of 99 Old 05-12-2014, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie97 View Post

Okay that's a big pick me up, I'm pretty crafty with tools and ingenuity but just timid about ruining the board. Glad to hear it wasn't hard, all I need now is come cloth and glue
I just used a old shoe brush to get the old foam off. It took me 1 hour to do that but I'm a perfectionist and my friend came over with his new to him tj so we went and had a little drive. It's amazing how many more jeeps wave to you when you're in a wrangler....
XJkid01 is offline  
post #66 of 99 Old 05-13-2014, 05:55 AM
jeepjunkie97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01

I just used a old shoe brush to get the old foam off. It took me 1 hour to do that but I'm a perfectionist and my friend came over with his new to him tj so we went and had a little drive. It's amazing how many more jeeps wave to you when you're in a wrangler....
I'll keep posted when I start mine and it's annoying isn't it? Nothing is worst when the children of high school ask why I don't drive a "grand cherokee"
jeepjunkie97 is offline  
post #67 of 99 Old 05-13-2014, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie97 View Post

I'll keep posted when I start mine and it's annoying isn't it? Nothing is worst when the children of high school ask why I don't drive a "grand cherokee"
Or at autozone when you say "I drive an xj" and they look at you with a blank state then you say "Cherokee" do they assume you mean grand Cherokee. It gets kind of annoying
XJkid01 is offline  
post #68 of 99 Old 05-13-2014, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 689
Okay so far the only downside to the bed liner is it smells like a Sharpie farted.
XJkid01 is offline  
post #69 of 99 Old 05-14-2014, 07:09 PM
bluejunior
Hold my beer
 
bluejunior's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01 View Post
Okay so far the only downside to the bed liner is it smells like a Sharpie farted.
It goesaway in a week or so I promise

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bluejunior is offline  
post #70 of 99 Old 05-14-2014, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post

It goesaway in a week or so I promise
I hope so. I nearly puke every time I open my door...maybe I should just cut my doors off. I've always wanted to do that
XJkid01 is offline  
post #71 of 99 Old 05-14-2014, 08:57 PM
jeepjunkie97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01

I hope so. I nearly puke every time I open my door...maybe I should just cut my doors off. I've always wanted to do that
I just read about someone talking about structural integrity if you cut the doors off but at quadratec they sell tube doors so I doubt it would affect it?
jeepjunkie97 is offline  
post #72 of 99 Old 05-14-2014, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie97 View Post

I just read about someone talking about structural integrity if you cut the doors off but at quadratec they sell tube doors so I doubt it would affect it?
Would frame stiffeners add to the structural integrity?
XJkid01 is offline  
post #73 of 99 Old 05-14-2014, 09:07 PM
krawler510
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 1,832
Doors have nothing to do with structural integrity and yes, frame stiffeners do.

'The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.'
krawler510 is offline  
post #74 of 99 Old 05-14-2014, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 689
If I were to take the doors off, frame stiffeners would be priority one
XJkid01 is offline  
post #75 of 99 Old 05-14-2014, 09:09 PM
jeepjunkie97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01

Would frame stiffeners add to the structural integrity?
Frame stiffener... Doorless... Chevy 350 swap
jeepjunkie97 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome