Headliner questions - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Headliner questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Reply
Unread 02-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #31
lawsonr71
Junior Member
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lillington, NC
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01 View Post
Did that not clog up the speaker covers?
If you spray light coats it doesn't get thick enough to clog anything up. I'll try to take some close up pictures of the speaker covers and dome light tomorrow.

__________________
2001 XJ Sport 4x4, 4.0, 2007 WK Overland 5.7 QDII Light Sandstone Metallic (Wife's Jeep)
lawsonr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #32
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawsonr71 View Post

If you spray light coats it doesn't get thick enough to clog anything up. I'll try to take some close up pictures of the speaker covers and dome light tomorrow.
Okay thanks. I already have a couple cans of flex seal
XJkid01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #33
green97xjsport
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Litchfield, Ohio
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawsonr71 View Post
I didn't notice any noise difference. It's not like our XJ's are the quietest anyway. I did line the roof with some adhesive aluminum flashing I got a Lowes. It is almost the same thing as Dynamat, but at a fraction of the cost.
Here are a few pics. I did my headliner in black because it matches my trim, but for a few extra dollars they can color match.


Going to steal your theme a little, I'm actually going to install a headliner, but bought a charcoal color, and want to use your visor and seat camo look, did you buy those, or buy the material and have them sewn to size?
__________________
,======o00o.
/__||_l__l,\___\,___
l_--\__\__l_---[]llllll[]
_(o))_____(o))--o-))
green97xjsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #34
lawsonr71
Junior Member
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lillington, NC
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by green97xjsport View Post


Going to steal your theme a little, I'm actually going to install a headliner, but bought a charcoal color, and want to use your visor and seat camo look, did you buy those, or buy the material and have them sewn to size?
I made them myself. The material is MultiCam. You can order it from Duro Textiles by the yard. http://multicamfabric.com/ The seat covers are 1000D Cordura, the visors are 330 Cordura, and the console cover is 2-way stretch. I still need to do my back seat, just can't find the time.
__________________
2001 XJ Sport 4x4, 4.0, 2007 WK Overland 5.7 QDII Light Sandstone Metallic (Wife's Jeep)
lawsonr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #35
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 352
Well I just got around to talking to some guys at a LineX shop in Tulsa and they quoted me for $150. I'm gonna keep looking around but if all of them quote me that high then it looks like I'm going with the fabric.
XJkid01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #36
lawsonr71
Junior Member
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lillington, NC
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01 View Post
Well I just got around to talking to some guys at a LineX shop in Tulsa and they quoted me for $150. I'm gonna keep looking around but if all of them quote me that high then it looks like I'm going with the fabric.
That seems a little steep, especially if you are doing all of the prep.
__________________
2001 XJ Sport 4x4, 4.0, 2007 WK Overland 5.7 QDII Light Sandstone Metallic (Wife's Jeep)
lawsonr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 08:42 PM   #37
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawsonr71 View Post

That seems a little steep, especially if you are doing all of the prep.
Yeah that's what I thought
XJkid01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #38
bluejunior
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 742
Sorry to Hijack, but my board is literally leaning against the wall in my garage right now (headliner cloth was coming off, I thought I'd pull it out and dynamat the roof while I was at it). Do you think it needs to be done by a shop or could you just use roll-on? I like the idea, but I'd rather get it done and put it back together (I was planning on hitting Michaels for fabric tonight).

Side note: being out of apartments for the first time since I was in high school at my parents, the phrase "my garage" makes me all kinds of happy.
__________________
"I just need to do a couple tweaks on my jeep, I'll be done in a couple hours." - gone 3 days
bluejunior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #39
lawsonr71
Junior Member
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lillington, NC
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post
Sorry to Hijack, but my board is literally leaning against the wall in my garage right now (headliner cloth was coming off, I thought I'd pull it out and dynamat the roof while I was at it). Do you think it needs to be done by a shop or could you just use roll-on? I like the idea, but I'd rather get it done and put it back together (I was planning on hitting Michaels for fabric tonight).

Side note: being out of apartments for the first time since I was in high school at my parents, the phrase "my garage" makes me all kinds of happy.
Sorry, but I just saw your post. To answer your question, if you haven't done it already, yes you can use roll-on bed liner. The member I stole the idea from used roll-on liner. I was just worried I would screw it up, so I paid to have it done. The roll-on bed liner was about the same price as Linex so I went with Linex. If the cost would have been significantly higher I would have used the roll-on.
__________________
2001 XJ Sport 4x4, 4.0, 2007 WK Overland 5.7 QDII Light Sandstone Metallic (Wife's Jeep)
lawsonr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #40
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 352
I have yet to do anything. Ask the places kept quoting me at $100+
Seems pretty steep to me.
XJkid01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #41
jeepjunkie97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01
I have yet to do anything. Ask the places kept quoting me at $100+
Seems pretty steep to me.
Yep, same situation here. I can get spray adhesive like 3 bucks a can at Home Depot it's just a matter of fact ordering fabric and having nice weather to do it
jeepjunkie97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #42
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 352
But if I bedline it I won't ever have to need with it again
XJkid01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2014, 05:19 AM   #43
jeepjunkie97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJkid01
But if I bedline it I won't ever have to need with it again
I was thinking that way too but I wasn't sure how I'd like it
jeepjunkie97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #44
bluejunior
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 742
I did mine in roll-on bedliner. Doing a good job of removing the old foam backing for the cloth wihout damaging the board took some time and care, but it came out well. Mines quieter and seals heat better now, but I can't compare because I dynamatted the roof while the board was out. I like the look, but it did make my car smell like permanent marker for a week or so as the liner cured.
__________________
"I just need to do a couple tweaks on my jeep, I'll be done in a couple hours." - gone 3 days
bluejunior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #45
XJkid01
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post
I did mine in roll-on bedliner. Doing a good job of removing the old foam backing for the cloth wihout damaging the board took some time and care, but it came out well. Mines quieter and seals heat better now, but I can't compare because I dynamatted the roof while the board was out. I like the look, but it did make my car smell like permanent marker for a week or so as the liner cured.
How much did you get your roll on for and how much did you use
XJkid01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.