Headers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Headers

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
MachinistMade
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Headers

i was thinking of getting some headers on my 1992 xj. i dont want to spend a bunch of money. i would like borlas but dont want to spend that much. i have heard hat pacesetter headers are cheaper but might be prone to cracking?

http://www.ineedparts.com/auto-parts...-manifold.html

these are even cheaper. wondering if anybody has heard of them or any advice on headers at all really would help alot. thanks.

MachinistMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
SSDD
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Both APN and pacesetter are OEM replacement style. I've not heard of too many problems with either, but obviously the Borla's are better.

The obvious choice is a Jet-Hot coated Borla!
SSDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
MachinistMade
1992 XJ Cherokee 

thanks SSDD is jet hot some sort of high heat coating?

also found this one. even a little cheaper and has accordion joints and stainless steel.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

towards the bottom of this write up it says that ebay headers are not that bad anyways if you DIY. all headers are going to crack so why not get a decent one for cheaper?
http://www.dailydriventj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=847
MachinistMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
SSDD
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah sorry, Jet-Hot is a ceramic, heat insulating coating. It's hands down one of the coolest automotive things I've seen. You can run the header red hot, and put your hand 1" away from it and feel hardly any heat. It doesn't allow hardly any radiant heat out. It's cool.

But back on topic, yeah any of those will work, but you need to understand that to a point, you do get what you pay for. I've never heard of a Borla cracking. But man are they expensive!
SSDD is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads
  • headers?? - XJ Cherokee Technical Forum (7 replies)
  • headers? - XJ Cherokee Technical Forum (1 replies)
  • headers - XJ Cherokee Technical Forum (5 replies)
  • No Headers - XJ Cherokee Technical Forum (10 replies)
  • Headers?? - XJ Cherokee Technical Forum (4 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.