Have you seen these Long Arms? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Have you seen these Long Arms?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 05-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
miceanic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Have you seen these Long Arms?

Anyone running/seen these long arms? Look like a great deal and the cross member drops without the arms.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cheroke...p=mtr#shpCntId

I like that they mount on the bottowm and sides of the uniframe rather than just the bottom like Clayton's.

miceanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2014, 05:38 AM   #2
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm not a fan of radius arms, but it looks like a solid kit. Definitely better than IRO, RC, and RE.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #3
Kevin108
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Every time someone says long arms...

Unread 05-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #4
miceanic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I almost had my mind made up to go with BDS long arms but these are cheap enough and seem like a good deal but I've never heard of them which worries me.

Cant see the picture at work.
Unread 05-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Welds look awfully sunken for something I'm gonna spend $800 on. I can't see paying that much money from a backyard welder when a couple hundred more will get you better long arms from a reputable vendor.
Unread 05-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #6
Kevin108
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceanic View Post
I almost had my mind made up to go with BDS long arms but these are cheap enough and seem like a good deal but I've never heard of them which worries me.
You've never heard of BDS? They've been around since at least the late 90s when I got into 4x4s.

You should look into them. Top of the line parts with a great warranty. They're under a larger umbrella with other companies I'm sure you've heard of: Zone Offroad, JKS, 4x4 Posi-Lok.
Unread 05-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
miceanic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
You've never heard of BDS? They've been around since at least the late 90s when I got into 4x4s.

You should look into them. Top of the line parts with a great warranty. They're under a larger umbrella with other companies I'm sure you've heard of: Zone Offroad, JKS, 4x4 Posi-Lok.
Yes I've heard of them.

Meant that I was going with BDS but reconsidered when I saw these. Looks like nobody likes them which leads me back to my original choice.

BDS long arm upgrade FTW
Unread 05-05-2014, 12:33 AM   #8
Kevin108
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I went back and read it again and it made perfect sense. Sorry about that. Looking forward to pics with the LAs installed!
Unread 05-05-2014, 03:27 AM   #9
miceanic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Gonna be a minute, currently deployed and hoping to have them installed September time frame IF nothing goes wrong.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.