HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted - Page 43 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #631
GlennH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucky View Post
Here is what mine looked like with a plug. I think it is worth the 1 dollar more so you dont have to spend money to fit your own plug (unless you want to). If you order, dont forget to ask for plugs on the lightbars too, Vincent told me they werent included either. Same $1 upcharge to include it also. He did tell me though, that the 50 inch cant include a plug due to the high current. I was tempted to order one since it was only $288 for one (plus the shipping costs). $288 for a 50 inch cree bar sounds almost too good to be true.
so you cannot get a plug end on the 50", they want you to solder it into the harness?

GlennH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #632
Xride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennH View Post
so you cannot get a plug end on the 50", they want you to solder it into the harness?
I'd just crimp connector it and put some shrink over it, like I did for my LEDs already.
I'd take a bar like the 50 right to the battery and use a relay.
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #633
ultimo
2002 WJ 

Hanma BC lights are very old design, they arent keeping up with trends and developments. reflectors are old school also. Used their 288W for awhile but find the brightness not impressive, no doubt its bright, but it seems to be lacking the "punch" factor. Sold it afterwards. Getting some new generation lights from another factory.
Unread 01-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #634
Xride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
Hanma BC lights are very old design, they arent keeping up with trends and developments. reflectors are old school also. Used their 288W for awhile but find the brightness not impressive, no doubt its bright, but it seems to be lacking the "punch" factor. Sold it afterwards. Getting some new generation lights from another factory.
I'm not sure what you mean by reflectors are old school.... I've never seen anything else. Care to elaborate?
Unread 01-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #635
ultimo
2002 WJ 

Have a look at Rigid's first generation and current generation reflectors. Hanma looks like a kid designed it. Their flood optics is a major joke too (tried all their BC and BCS floods horrible horrible horrible). Look at Aurora if you dont want to pay Rigid price.
Unread 01-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #636
ultimo
2002 WJ 

+ Everytime I ask if they have somthing new to offer, its either "not yet" or "developing" its almost been 1 year plus lol.
Unread 01-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #637
Xride

Quote:
Have a look at Rigid's first generation and current generation reflectors. Hanma looks like a kid designed it. Their flood optics is a major joke too (tried all their BC and BCS floods horrible horrible horrible). Look at Aurora if you dont want to pay Rigid price.
My bar is brighter, and projects father than my neighbors new rigid that he paid about 8x more for.
Unread 01-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #638
GlennH

is this like saying my tires are better then your tires or my lollipop is a better flavor then yours?
Really who cares, its a light and it is brighter then stock... good nuff for me. I dont need my friends eyes watering when im behind them on the trail at night time. lol
Unread 01-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #639
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride View Post
My bar is brighter, and projects father than my neighbors new rigid that he paid about 8x more for.
You just eyeballed it? Or was it actually measured?

Both bars are the same number of LEDs, same LEDs (don't just say they are both CREE), same wattage, same drivers, same reflector design?
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #640
ultimo
2002 WJ 

IMO reflectors and optics makes or breaks an LED bar. Hanma designs are stagnant in this area. Just my 2 cents. If I am going to invest in a bar that "last forever" I rather prefer to get something that is at least able to keep up with the Jones in the long run. Not bashing on Hanma, but just saying they need to keep up with the competition and stop milking the original vintage design (reflectors)
Unread 01-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #641
Xride

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
You just eyeballed it? Or was it actually measured?

Both bars are the same number of LEDs, same LEDs (don't just say they are both CREE), same wattage, same drivers, same reflector design?
Well a lux meter was used. But it is eyeball brighter. At the end of the day, looking brighter is what matters over what a meter says.

They were the same number of LED's, same advertised wattage.
Unread 01-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #642
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Which bars were they?
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #643
ultimo
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride View Post
Well a lux meter was used. But it is eyeball brighter. At the end of the day, looking brighter is what matters over what a meter says.

They were the same number of LED's, same advertised wattage.
a poorly design reflector would just throw everything out like vomit, of course it would look brighter, but no much use lighting up owls...
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #644
Xride

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Which bars were they?
20" bars... or 23 or whatever they call them.

Quote:
a poorly design reflector would just throw everything out like vomit, of course it would look brighter, but no much use lighting up owls...
Looking down range of them, not into them like an idiot. More light onto the objects in front of you, brighter. Having that light make it farther, brighter.

So like I said, my bar was brighter.
I am pretty sure all the ones out of china are over driven though, my bar was warmer than the rigid, but nothing concerning.
Unread 01-25-2014, 07:10 AM   #645
GlennH

i was in contact with vincent from hanma and now he stopped emailing me. has this happened to anyone else?
trying to get price for HML-BC2288 50" bar combo.... anyone know what its worth?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.