HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #481
ultimo
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asia
Posts: 640
There is quite alot of wind noise above 40mpg though which I am not liking.

__________________
Build Thread-- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/ultimos-build-1477712/
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #482
TXST8tj
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 3,302
So I have a couple different mounting solutions in the works for mine and my buddy's TJ and 50" bar, but neither are ready to go.

I have the Genright windshield armor that will require custom brackets welded to them, and I also have the mounts from Poison Spyder that are built around a Rigid Ind. 50" bar.

I prefer the fit of the Genright guards over the PSC. They are 1/8" vs 3/16" of the PSC, but this is not an issue for the purpose of the light mount.
I ordered the PSC for a friend and planned to take some cues from it to add to my Genright.

Anyway, I bolted up the PSC mounts and then proceeded to bolt up the Hanma 50" bar to get a quick taste. Come to find out, the light bar comes about an inch and a half to two inches too short. It doesn't reach far enough. To make it work with the PSC, it would require some sort of spacer and longer bolts.

I plan to use the Genright mounts, but the PSC mounts are slated to use on my buddy's TJ. Has anyone else run into this issue with PSC mounts on a TJ, and what was your solution?
Adding a small spacer on each side of the light does not really bother me, my concern really is whether it would cause too much added leverage on the required longer bolts.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #483
Silver_Sport
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj
So I have a couple different mounting solutions in the works for mine and my buddy's TJ and 50" bar, but neither are ready to go.

I have the Genright windshield armor that will require custom brackets welded to them, and I also have the mounts from Poison Spyder that are built around a Rigid Ind. 50" bar.

I prefer the fit of the Genright guards over the PSC. They are 1/8" vs 3/16" of the PSC, but this is not an issue for the purpose of the light mount.
I ordered the PSC for a friend and planned to take some cues from it to add to my Genright.

Anyway, I bolted up the PSC mounts and then proceeded to bolt up the Hanma 50" bar to get a quick taste. Come to find out, the light bar comes about an inch and a half to two inches too short. It doesn't reach far enough. To make it work with the PSC, it would require some sort of spacer and longer bolts.

I plan to use the Genright mounts, but the PSC mounts are slated to use on my buddy's TJ. Has anyone else run into this issue with PSC mounts on a TJ, and what was your solution?
Adding a small spacer on each side of the light does not really bother me, my concern really is whether it would cause too much added leverage on the required longer bolts.
Post plenty of pics of yours and your buddy's jeep when y'all get the mounts finished up.
__________________
robbybobby: duh bro- momentium.....i have my own special technique- haul Mother F-ng balls at the hill till i am standing alone at the gawd danged top......
Silver_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #484
TXST8tj
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 3,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Sport View Post
Post plenty of pics of yours and your buddy's jeep when y'all get the mounts finished up.
Will do.
I currently have the 13" mounted above my winch fairlead and the duallies mounted on the windshield brackets. I'm pretty sure I'll be good with the addition of the 50" bar...haha.

I am actually mounting a 50" on mine, my buddy's, and his daughter's TJ.
His will be set up just like mine with the 50", 13", and dualies. His daughter's will have the 50" and two sets of duallies.

I also got the Rigid Ind. bracket for a 20" for my F-250.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #485
Kevin108
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 3,765
Mine should be here next week. They shipped Weds. Pics when I get them. I did two 7" light bars.
__________________
My build thread has pics again. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/kevin108s-2000-xj-build-867428/
Kevin108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #486
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 8,171
I am thinking about once I get my lift and bumper on the Yj ordering a 20" for the bumper and a pair of the cubes for the windshield

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #487
TXST8tj
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 3,302
Making some progress....
Adding Genright light tabs to the PSC mounts to allow the Duallys to be installed.






The Hanma 50" bar does not quite reach using the PSC mounts. I am trying to find a suitable spacer to close the gap.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #488
ultimo
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asia
Posts: 640
:d:d:d:d
966803_386625084775990_953048048_o.jpg  
__________________
Build Thread-- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/ultimos-build-1477712/
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #489
landshark2
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: East Providence, Rhode Island
Posts: 14
So I've been talking to Nichole at Hanma, told her I'm looking for samples for a product I'm developing and she's telling me there is a $1000 minimum for samples. The items I need are closer to $530 (a 41", 3x 15" and 4x square work lights). I'm still going to respond that I don't need that much equipment and try to negotiate, but in the meantime has anyone had a similar response? Any better luck switching over to another sales rep?
landshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #490
MOBBiN
Senior Member
 
MOBBiN's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palmer, Alaska
Posts: 962
Sam told me the same thing a few days ago.
__________________
2001 Silverstone Metallic Classic/Limited XJ
April 2014 COTM
MOBBiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #491
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie
 
AZdEvilYJ's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobbin
sam told me the same thing a few days ago.
x2
__________________
'95 YJ 2.5L
March '13 & '14 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #492
ultimo
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asia
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark2 View Post
So I've been talking to Nichole at Hanma, told her I'm looking for samples for a product I'm developing and she's telling me there is a $1000 minimum for samples. The items I need are closer to $530 (a 41", 3x 15" and 4x square work lights). I'm still going to respond that I don't need that much equipment and try to negotiate, but in the meantime has anyone had a similar response? Any better luck switching over to another sales rep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN View Post
Sam told me the same thing a few days ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
x2
I havent had a good experience with Nichole. I am with a new account manager now. I think this minimum order of US$1000 is silly strategy. US$500 reasonable for their level of lights. If they try to hit me with US$1000 minimum order the next time, I plan to switch over to Aurora lights. The downside with Hanma is they lack accessories like brackets and light covers which Aurora has in droves. Their policy of selling wire sets and then supplying lights without the opposite connectors is equally bizarre.

All in all, the lights are much cheaper then Aurora, thats why sthey still have business. But with a US$1K min order, I would ask them to go **** themselves
__________________
Build Thread-- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/ultimos-build-1477712/
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #493
ultimo
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asia
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark2 View Post
So I've been talking to Nichole at Hanma, told her I'm looking for samples for a product I'm developing and she's telling me there is a $1000 minimum for samples. The items I need are closer to $530 (a 41", 3x 15" and 4x square work lights). I'm still going to respond that I don't need that much equipment and try to negotiate, but in the meantime has anyone had a similar response? Any better luck switching over to another sales rep?
Keep us posted how it goes.
__________________
Build Thread-- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/ultimos-build-1477712/
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #494
Kevin108
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 3,765
PM me for some of the 4x lights. We wound up with extras.

I'll get these mounted later this week.

1370437481238.jpg
__________________
My build thread has pics again. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/kevin108s-2000-xj-build-867428/
Kevin108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #495
landshark2
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: East Providence, Rhode Island
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
Keep us posted how it goes.
Looks like a little persistence (or insistence?) paid off. They've allowed me to purchase just the lights I need.

When I get them I'll post back.

At some point in the near future I need to put together a build thread.
landshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.