HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > HANMA LED Light Bars? - No Group Buy discussion permitted

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #436
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie
 
AZdEvilYJ's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddSnapper

HMmmm. I wasnt given the option for a plug. AND Im dealing with sam, SInce you have all said his name I dont think its a scam but he gave me a tracking number for some package that was sent from mexico to mexico city on april 15. I have asked for several prices on things and he doesnt respond to them. Its been a week since I paid and they havent been sent out as far as i know.
It's not really an option, you have to request it. I saw someone else that had requested it earlier on here thankfully before I made my order.

__________________
'95 YJ 2.5L
March '13 & '14 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #437
ultimo
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asia
Posts: 649
Guys, I just recieved my 50" its not as bright as I imagined it to be, I ordered BC version, how can I tell if it is cree or Epistar?
041.jpg  
__________________
Build Thread-- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/ultimos-build-1477712/
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #438
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
Guys, I just recieved my 50" its not as bright as I imagined it to be, I ordered BC version, how can I tell if it is cree or Epistar?
.. which 50 did you get?
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/

Last edited by MGrobe; 04-29-2013 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: Avoiding language filter
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #439
ultimo
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asia
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
Thats bad *** .. which 50 did you get?
Ordered BC cree model 288W. Found the output underwhelming, or am I expecting too much? Or do I need another 50"

I dont know, wonder if anyone has a BC and BE using the epistar we can compare?
__________________
Build Thread-- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/ultimos-build-1477712/
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #440
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
Ordered BC cree model 288W. Found the output underwhelming, or am I expecting too much? Or do I need another 50"

I dont know, wonder if anyone has a BC and BE using the epistar we can compare?
Really!! ?? Does it look way better in the pic than it does in person? It looks great in the pic to me
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #441
ultimo
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asia
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
Really!! ?? Does it look way better in the pic than it does in person? It looks great in the pic to me
I need to test further, I rigged it with zip ties to the front bar. Still figuring how to fab a bracket so it hangs over the top part of the window.
__________________
Build Thread-- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/ultimos-build-1477712/
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #442
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
I need to test further, I rigged it with zip ties to the front bar. Still figuring how to fab a bracket so it hangs over the top part of the window.
no roof rack ... ??

on a WJ a roof rack may be your best bet .. or try to make an "A" piller mount ..
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #443
ultimo
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asia
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
no roof rack ... ??

on a WJ a roof rack may be your best bet .. or try to make an "A" piller mount ..
I did consider that route, but the 50" is wider than the WJ cherokee so it would stick out both ends. But I found that the windscreen width is more than 50".....
__________________
Build Thread-- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/ultimos-build-1477712/
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #444
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
I did consider that route, but the 50" is wider than the WJ cherokee so it would stick out both ends. But I found that the windscreen width is more than 50".....
Is the windscreen the plastic piece behind the wipers?

What about a hood mount.. It would work well if it was up near the top of the hood and low so it was really close to the hood.
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #445
ultimo
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asia
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
Is the windscreen the plastic piece behind the wipers?

What about a hood mount.. It would work well if it was up near the top of the hood and low so it was really close to the hood.
I was thinking the top pat of the windscreen where it meets the roof.

Not sure of a hood mount.....too much clutter?
__________________
Build Thread-- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/ultimos-build-1477712/
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #446
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
I was thinking the top pat of the windscreen where it meets the roof.

Not sure of a hood mount.....too much clutter?
yea... and its prob better higher up too
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #447
ultimo
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asia
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
yea... and its prob better higher up too
I am having a bracket fabbed. Will post pictures once it is ready in a week or two.
__________________
Build Thread-- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/ultimos-build-1477712/
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #448
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
I am having a bracket fabbed. Will post pictures once it is ready in a week or two.
Sweet
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #449
TXST8tj
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 3,312
Mounted up the 2x2s. Pretty impressive light for the small package.






TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #450
Spokes
Mall Crawler
 
Spokes's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield, NJ
Posts: 6,143
so are these things yay or nay?
__________________

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.